macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Consolidating Folders
    Hello, I manage to create several copies of folders as I work on a project so I wind up with several folders all that have much of the same files in each folder. What I would like to do is consolidate all these into one. This is a question about automating actions in the finder. I know that I can go to the bin and copy back in the audio files into the bin. What I am trying to do is rather than check each file one by one to check length size creation date and modified date some how do that automatically.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Consolidating Folders
    Hi Alan, I'd explore the Automator (in Applications) This will be able to do exactly what you're thinking of. I don't understand why you have many different project folders??? You can save the same project using save as... within the same project folder without duplicating the existing files. Then at the end of the day back it up to a different drive to make sure it's safe... That's what I do anyway ;-) Best Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    I suppose I did it to have each addition in the same folder but it copied all of it again. I looked at the automator but it's not possible to compare info to determine if the size, length, date is the same Thank You Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, what I do is start on the project and then I make changes but then I save the project with a new name a addition of the name I started with. Sense it seems to me that I want it in it's own folder I save the assets because it seems to be a little confusing not to. It seemed if the folder got moved then it would have all the required files. I find that the bin itself doesn't really give the information that makes editing the directory useful so if I lose a file then the project won't open correctly. I think I have learned my lesson on this. I will have a look at the app. Thanks for sending it. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi J.F. Thanks for posting that concise explanation! By the way, I really enjoyed your waveburner tutorial. Thank you. Just noticed you don't have a "trainer" logo on your posts under your name... Is that intentional? Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Is the waveBurner course the same as the tutorial I purchased a few months ago? Thanks, Alan
  • john1
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: