macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cajypiu
    Sound design
    Hi Guys, does anyone have any good sound design or mixing/ production resources such as websites and/ or books that they would care to recommend? One thing I've been trying to do recently is train my head on how to achieve a certain sound and seeing if I can nail it. I do have a habit of making life difficult for myself especially when I don't play an instrument or sing particularly well, however, that's part of the process to know what is natural and what is 'fixed' in the mix so when you get proper artists through the door, the process is identified and streamlined... hopefully. My first project was to try and achieve the same reverb sound on the western sounding ahhh ahhhhh bits in the specials song 'stereotype' (30 secs in). Neville Staple's voice ad Terry Hall's production is quite superb and has a lot to do with it but my ears are picking up some processing on the voice all the same and I'm trying to wash out the attack of the voice with delay and reverb but.... need a few more goes obviously! Any ideas/ suggestions. One guy in another forum just said it sounded like Staple's vocals soaked reverb and for live stuff, yes, probably right. Studio, not so sure.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: