macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Doug
    envelope to midi
    I went through the tutorials on side-chaining again recently and was knocked out by what you can do with side-chains. Now I'm greedy and would like to be able to route side-chains to everything--like the channel EQ. So... Is there an environment object or AU that converts amplitude to a midi stream so that one track can modulate any other parameter?
  • Doug
    Re: envelope to midi
    Nothing, it seems. Well then, is it possible to construct environment objects--an SDK? If so, does anybody do it?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Doug, Although this forum is the Logic forum I'm moving your thread to Steve H's forum as I think you may get more response there. By the way, what do you mean by environment objects??? There are som objects you can create in the environment already (transformer, delay line etc etc). What are you looking to create? I think you may be very very interested in the TNT2 series: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url]
  • Doug
    By environment object, I mean something like the arpeggiator, transformer or delay. In this case, something that would accept an audio input and output a midi stream dependent on the amplitude of the input: no audio = 0 to 0db = 127. It would likely need some controls for sensitivity and timing. The midi stream could then be assigned to a CC# and used to modulate any controllable parameter of any AU. I got TNT1 and have, as I recall, already subscribed to TNT2
  • steveH
    Hi Doug, An audio to midi converter object in the E would be great! But audio and midi are always separate in the E. You could fake it by constructing objects that would turn cc7 data into any other cc/fader data so that physical changes in a channel strip's fader position would then do something else! Other than that, several soft synths like the ES2 and Sculpture have built in envelope followers which WILL turn audio into control data internal to the synths themselves.... Hmmm you just gave me an idea that might work to use those soft synths to convert audio to midib in the E. Right now I'm hiking in New Mexico. I'll try it when I get back!!!!!!! See ya, Steve H.
  • Doug
    Thanks, Steve. I've been playing with this and taking your hint about the soft synths, but no joy yet. cc7, as you probably know, isn't what I'm after. If I hook up a drum loop as a sidechain in ES2 and then attach a monitor object to the ES2 in the environment there is no additional MIDI output from the ES2. At least not that the monitor object sees. If I route the sidechain to an ES2 parameter, I can hear its effect but there is still no additional MIDI output. Any more hints?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: