macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pakejao
    Input Channel Automation
    I would like to automate Input channels levels but can't seem to get to square one: the faders don't affect the levels at all. I have software monitoring turned on, and signals are coming in fine, and insert effects are heard, just no volume or pan response. Any help appreciated. Neil
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Input Channel Automation
    Hi Neil, 1. Go to the Environment and select New > Channel strip > Input 2. Drag the Input channel strip onto an existing track header in the Arrange. 3. In Arrange area choose View > Automation 4. Click in the automation selection bar in the track header to select either volume and/or pan and draw in the automation you require. 5. When you play back make sure that the input channel's automation mode is in "Read". By the way, why do you want to automate an Input channel strip and not a regular audio channel strip? Cheers Rounik
  • Pakejao
    I'm using a Metric Halo ULN-2 with the latest D2 upgrade and want to do my effect processing and summing through it, as it sounds great. This gentleman on the MH mail list shared his setup with the last step being automation of Input track levels, after taking a round trip in the MH. He was generous in sharing his setup but can't seem to help with my problem. I'm able to do the steps you mention and faders move, but there's no change in the audio levels. I have monitoring on and its checked off in the device properties. Signal is returned but fader has no effect on levels.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Neil, What about if you simply record enable an audio track and record your source onto that? From what you're describing, by using an input channel object you want to automate the the Metric Halo's hardware input recording levels? I don't think this is possible but I haven't used a metric halo so can't be certain. It's usually better to automate the levels of audio after you've recorded the source... As automation is more useful at the mixing stage. So my question is: Is there a particular reason why you want to automate the audio signal level coming into Logic rather than automating the signal after you've recorded it? Cheers Rounik
  • Pakejao
    It started from various workarounds to output mono tracks from Logic, process in the MH, return to Logic, automating return levels as all EQ, Comp was in the MH. Seeing the hassles, I tend to agree with the idea of automating tracks after recording. Long story, but I thought I'd try this out.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: