macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    Midi to audio
    Hi I am trying for the first time to convert my midi tracks to audio so I can mix them, then bounce them. The problem I am having is when I select a track to record the midi, when I set the input it cancels out the track number.When I click on the track # it cancels out the input. I have almost all of the logics videos and it talks about bouncing a track but not converting midi to audio. Please help I have a deadline all I have to do is get it converted. am I missing something. If I am doing it wrong could someone please talk me through it. Also I am using the presonus fire studio if that makes any difference and I am using logic 7.2 Thanks TNT
  • Xyzefiy
    Re: Midi to audio
    Hi, new to the forums, this is a very cool site btw anyway sorry If I am being dumb here, but when you bounce your midi tracks, don't they become audio tracks? You bounce the section you want, then it comes up in your audio window, you just drag it from there into your arrange window and it appears as an audio file. Is that what you mean?
  • Bezilyo
    I am not sure a buddy of mine told me I had to enable an audio track then record enable it then hit play on the midi track so it would record it to audio. He has done many sessions so I figured he was telling me correct. Would you please explain step by step how you are talking about doing it, and is that the way you do it. Thanks so much for the replie TNT
  • Xyzefiy
    hi, soz for the late reply, just got back to my home now, ok if you want to turn 1 midi region into an audio file, click the solo button (found on the transport section), then click on the desired region. Then go to file; bounce, and click the 'send to audio window' button so the midi region gets bounced to your audio window. Then name it, check the length is correct (i.e. which bar it starts and finishes from) and then press bounce. Then go to audio, click audio window, and there it is, just drag it into your arrange and it's an audio file. If it's a whole song, just bounce the whole thing. you dont need to solo. Hope it helps. Good luck
  • Christian L
    Hi, Are you talking about recording an external MIDI synth or just bouncing a software instrument track to audio ?
  • Bezilyo
    Thanks I will try that and get back to you TNT
  • mike nile
    hi i'm having the similar problem. i want to record MIDI from my sound module. i am able to do that and play it back in logic pro 8 but how can i convert the MIDI i recorded to audio? thanks for the help.
  • Christian L
    Hi! I just answered a similar question in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=10465[/url] Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: