macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Making Aux channels in Logic 7
    In the ultrabeat video, Steve talks about multi channel outputs, he says that using logic 7 we'd have to create aux channels at the enviroment window, how would we go about doing that? It seems that creating aux channels at the arrange window, we are limited to only 2. Thanks in advance for any help
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Making Aux channels in Logic 7
    Hi I Like Cynic So you are using Logic 7.2? I don't have Logic 7 on this machine to test this out, so hope my memory proves accurate. You may need to go to the Logic setup assistant to specify how many aux channels you want available in your project. It sounds like you have specified just 2. I seem to remember being able to create a channel strip from the New > Channel strip > Aux (or something similar in the Environment). You may need to create 2 Aux tracks first before you can create the rest. If that doesn't work try creating new audio tracks and reassigning them via the Parameters box to an Aux track. Let us know if that helps, Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, this is also from memory as well here so be gentle. I can't remember whether the setup assistant offered the ability to create aux tracks or busses, or both. Therefore, rather than relying on a script to do it for you the best way to do it would be to go in to the environment itself. However many busses and aux tracks you create in the environment will then become available in the arrange page as and when you need them. Cheers, YADJ
  • Xyzefiy
    cheers lads, will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the info
  • Christian L
    To create new aux you need to go to the environment and select New > Audio Object. In the parameters at the left side of the screen, select a new aux under the "Channel" section. Creating aux objects is now much easier in Logic 8! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: