macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    External Midi
    How do I record the sounds from an external midi keyboard into logic? So far I have routed my juno 106 midi out into the midi in my MPK49...the 106 is also working as a midi controller for logic snths.However I would like to route the 106 sounds into logic so they come in as midi. cheers Tom
  • Christian L
    Re: External Midi
    Hi, You want to record your Juno 106 sound as audio ? It is impossible to transmit an audio signal over MIDI. This is a very common misconception. MIDI only transmits digital data to control MIDI devices (pitch, velocity, pan, etc). To record an audio signal you will need to connect the audio ouputs of your synth to the inputs of your audio interface. What audio interface are you using ? Christian
  • the dim(e)
    Hi Christian, I normally record through my interface with external synths. What I was wondering if it is possible to record the 106 as midi? It has midi connections in the back which I have been trying to hook up so I can record the 106 sounds in midi so I can programme them. cheers Tom
  • Christian L
    You can record the Juno 106 MIDI into Logic. Connect the MIDI OUT of the Juno into the MIDI IN of your MIDI interface and the MIDI IN of the Juno into the MIDI OUT of your MIDI interface. In Logic's arrange window, create a new track (Track > New... or click on the "+" button) and select "External MIDI" . In the Inspector, make sure that the channel is the same as the Juno. You can change the MIDI channel of the Juno with the "Channel" button. Hope it helps! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: