macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    MusicXML files...?
    My brother-in-law is blind and taking piano lessons. He asked me if there might be a way to take MIDI files into Logic, and export them as MusicXML files. There is apparently a way for him to translate those into the language that braille punching machines use..? I felt useless in trying to answer him, so I'm throwing it out at any of you more advanced folks in the ether world...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MusicXML files...?
    Hi Sammy, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you but wanted to reply so this post appeared at the top of the list again. Hope someone can help. I'll ask some fellow Logic experts in the ether world too. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Unfortunately, Logic can't export to XML format. I'll check if I can find a cheap alternative somewhere.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy, Christian is indeed correct! Logic cannot convert to xml. However, as luck would have it, I'm on a course at the moment and one of the other delegates is actually creating a sequencer program from scratch for the visually impaired. I have spoken to him about this issue and he asked me to get more info from you about what kind of reader or braille machine your brother-in-law uses. See if you can get as much info as possible. Also, if you like, I can pass on his email to your brother in law. I think he will be able to help much more than me! If you wish to do that please send me a private message on this forum with your email address and I will send you his details by email. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: