macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Re: Midi Issues
    I'm using 7
  • Christian L
    In Logic 7, there is a "Learn MIDI" button in the Key Commands window. This was a great feature to assign a specific function to a MIDI command (a MIDI note for example). This could be the cause of your issue. Open the Key Commands window (Logic Pro > Preferences > Key Commands...) and hit your G4 key. If this key is assigned to a command, it will appear in the window. If it is the case, click the "Learn MIDI" button to activate it and select the function and hit "Backspace" on your keyboard to delete it. Tell me if it works! Christian
  • Segejee
    ahh I fixed it, it was a o2 8 issue.
  • Segejee
    oh wait sorry nevermind still not fixed.
  • Christian L
    If it works in GB, I would be suprise that the issue is with your controller. Did you chek in your Key Commands window like I suggested in my last post ?
  • Segejee
    I hit the g4 note and nothing happened
  • Christian L
    Hit your Caps Lock key on your Mac keyboard. The "Caps Lock keyvoard" will appear on your screen. This allows you to use your Mac keyboard as a MIDI keyboard. You can change octaves with the numbers at the top of your keyboard (7=octave 4). Try playing G4, does it works ? If it doesn't works, the issue is probably with your Key Commands. If you don't mind losing all your personnal key commands, try reverting to the default KC. Logic Pro > Preferences > Key Commands > Options > Initialize All Key Commands. Christian
  • Segejee
    the g4 in the caps lock works, maybe theres something wrong with my 02 8 midi keyboard?
  • Christian L
    That's a possibility... but you said that it was working all right with GarageBand, right ? You can try to reset your O2 to the factory setting by holding down "+" and "-" while starting up your keyboard. Tell me if it works! Christian
  • Segejee
    it's an old 02 I don't think it has a + or a -
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: