macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    BEAT MAPPING
    Hi Everyone, Rounik, Christian, Martin, etc.:) How ya doin? I just finished my first ever Beat Mapping project, my studio drums sort of fell off the loop-click-track that I was playing too, DOH, and I wanted to know whether the following situation is possible: I recorded the drums in the studio, and then we Beat Mapped the kick and snare on "my version", and then I gave my version to my guitar player, and he put on his guitars/basses/etc., but I noticed that there were some bad Beat Mapped versions on my version, so I re-Beat Mapped them, so now my guitar player is out of time I guess you could say, SO, my question is this: Is it possible to take a Beat Mapped Region from one version of a song, and transfer/copy it to another version of the same song? Does that make sense? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: BEAT MAPPING
    Hey Jodie! I'm well thanks. Hope all is well for you! Haven't seen you around for a while. You could use the File > Save as... command to save it as a different version. Make sure to tick "include assets" and save to a different folder/directory. Is that what you wish to do? Take care, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Re: BEAT MAPPING
    Heh Rounik:) What's up? Yeah, My guitar player and I, my band, have been asked to give a song for some CD company in Osaka who are putting some sort of compilation CD together, so I've been so busy trying to learn Logic that I haven't been on the Forums:( Thanks for your advice. I'm gonna try that right now. I was thinking that is it also possible to CUT the drum/snare beat mapped version from the 2nd version of the song, and re-copy the original drum/snare onto the 2nd version and then re-beatmap that kick/snare? Does that make sense? I'll try it out anyway:) This Beat Mapping thing is cool, especially for drummers who are playing to a loop and fall off the loop a bit:) Very cool feature:) Talk soon man. Jodie p.s. I'm building my band's website now so check it out and let me know what you think or if you have any advice on how to make it better:) http://www.ericmandalaandthetribe.com
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: