macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kazoo
    Randomize automation data-(non hyper editor)
    I know you can randomize CC control data using the transform feature, but is there a way to randomize recorded automation data for controls not found in hyper editor.(such as automation of envelopes for VST's) What I really want to do is record live automation data from VST's and apply some sort of threshold of randomness to the automation from the automation lane. Is this possible?
  • Kazoo
    Re: Randomize automation data-(non hyper editor)
    Anyone?? First time poster to this forum. I have seen pretty much all the video's to date and I am not sure this particular question is covered. Again, I saw one of the video's where you can create CC automation at store it as a template. -Great stuff I know you can copy and paste automation data into a track with same channel strip settings, but waht if you want just a slight randomness to a non CC controled paramater on a VST on recorded automation data in the automation lane. I guess I could just record it live bar by bar. I just hoped that Logic might have a cool little trick to add a slight randomness to a recorded paramater the same way the transform works in the TNT tip for CC data.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kazoo, You've not been forgotten ;-) I'l try to reply to this later this evening (UK time). Have you tried using the transform & arpergiator objects in the Environment? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Maybe it's possible using the "Fader" status in the transform window . Use the monitor in the environment to find out the Channel and Data number (like Steve H. explained in the June TNT) of the parameter you want to control. Then use the Transformer to randomize it... I've never done this but I will try later today.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: