macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    ADVISE upgrade Logic pro 7 to 8 ?? & thanks..
    Guys, Congratulations on the all the success you guys are having. Iv been with you for over a year now & see the growth. Thanks for all the good work ! This week i plan to upgrade from logic pro 7-to - 8 . What advise can anyone offer that will help make the upgrade process smoother? How do i save/transfer my channel strip settings, plug-in settings ,environments, basically all of my personalized settings? What are the things to look out for ? Some info you need to know about the upgrade. I run a dual g5 with 2 internal drives. My main start up drive (in slot 1 ) has problem with it. Utilities, tec tools, none of it worked to repair the drive. And I'm getting hard crashed while working. So i decided to use my secondary drive as my main start up drive. Do a swap on the drives & wipe it clean . Install LOGIC 8 ,as if its going into a brand new computer . I will be running OS 10.5 & i use a Pro Tools Digi 002 as my sound card. I plan to import my personal sound library on a need by need biases to ensure a cleaner sound library. Thanks in adavance, J
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ADVISE upgrade Logic pro 7 to 8 ?? & thanks..
    Hi Jay, Thank you for your kind comments. Installing Logic 8 over Logic 7 will be fine. In terms of using a secondary drive as your main bootable... that should work fine. But, I'd really recommend you back up your main drive first using something like carbon copy cloner or super duper (both are free). You can find your created apple loops: ~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/ You can find your logic settings: ~/Library/Application Support/Logic There you can find folders for your key commands, Channel Strip settings, Plug-in settings, etc. Let us know if you have any other questions and enjoy Logic 8 :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: