macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cheese
    MC 303
    I've Posted the environment for the Roland MC303. Which i can't seem to get working. Any advice would be Much appreciated. Thanks For All Your Advice.
  • steveH
    Re: MC 303
    Some questions: What isn't working? How is it connected to your computer. What are you trying to do? SteveH
  • cheese
    Hi Rapid Response. i've got it running through a Tascam fireone. I can only seem to get the one sound coming out. can i control all the channels on the 303. Which is 8 i think,and 8 for the drums. I've got the 303 running as slave.
  • steveH
    Hey Cheese, I can't help you unless you answer my questions as specifically as possible.... see above!
  • cheese
    Can i control every part on the 303. i.e. part 1 Rhythm Part 2 bass. Part 3 Strings etc etc. From logic. Which i thought was a multi instrument. I've got the 303 hooked up midi in midi out in to fire-one. and out puts running into fire-one also. I've got the 303 as the slave. I'd like to incorporate the 303 into some of my mixes. but i can only seem to get one sound out not multi sounds. thanks again hope that explains a bit better.
  • Cajypiu
    Hey Cheese, still not quite clear what you're doing or what you want to do. From you environment, you have your multi instrument setup on their own channels, but do you mean you can only play one channel at a time? Record one channel at a time? You haven't indicated if you have separate regions on each MIDI track and if that enables multichannel playback? Is there a setting on your 303 to keep the number of voices down/ monosynth capability? As a side note, I couldn't see any obvious audio tracks to record the output from the 303, have you tried this? Have you also tried MIDI regions with notes set to play on different MIDI channels?
  • robfoster
    Sorry to hack into your thread, have you set up your audio midi setting, go to mac utilities , open audio midi setup create a new instrument for your 303 then connect it to your audio interface, i can advise more if were on the right track, btw do you have the mc303 environment for logic8, i cant get hold of one anywhere, only logic 7 which doesnt open in 8, i am trying to do the exact same thing with the mc303 as you, you need to put your 303 into sound module mode press and hold play mode when you switch it on, that turns the 303 into a sound module, but thats it you have no arpeggiator, filter controls etc but you can do most of this from logic i think.. hope this helps rob
  • cheese
    I've put midi tracks on each channel. but it just layers the same sound from the 303. i'd like to use the 303 as if it was a soft synth. thanks again
  • cheese
    Hi Thanks for butting in. I have it working in sound module mode Thanks. But i can't seem to control the filters from logic. I go in to the automation lanes but it's not doing any thing to the sound. Am i doing some thing wrong or is it impossible to do this on this machine. I'm very new to this midi business. I've got a MC909. which i'd like to hook up too. i thought that might be more difficult. Thanks again. ;o)
  • cheese
    [quote:5699]Sorry to hack into your thread, have you set up your audio midi setting, go to mac utilities , open audio midi setup create a new instrument for your 303 then connect it to your audio interface, i can advise more if were on the right track, btw do you have the mc303 environment for logic8, i cant get hold of one anywhere, only logic 7 which doesnt open in 8, i am trying to do the exact same thing with the mc303 as you, you need to put your 303 into sound module mode press and hold play mode when you switch it on, that turns the 303 into a sound module, but thats it you have no arpeggiator, filter controls etc but you can do most of this from logic i think.. hope this helps rob[/quote] I've posted the environment for the MC303 on here for Logic 8 Enjoy
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: