macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    routing midi
    Hey to all my question is probally simple I am using a Korg Triton extreme and a k2000. My question is should I have both of them hooked to my midi in and out on my midi interface. I use both of them to record but sometimes I get program changes bleeding through to the other keyboard.Example I make a patch change on the triton and it changes the k2000 also?
  • Christian L
    Re: routing midi
    Hi, Do you have more than one MIDI IN/OUT on your interface ?
  • Bezilyo
    Yes I am using a motu miro lite it has 4 midi ins and outs, Sorry it took so long to reply was out of town TNT
  • Christian L
    Then you should connect both synths to your interface. No need to use MIDI thru. Is this what you were doing ?
  • Bezilyo
    I am not using midi thru I have them running midi in to midi out. It works but like i said when i make a patch change on one sometimes it changes both keyboards. Also i have to change my midi channel setting (ex midi ch 1, midi ch3 on my keyboard logic does not do it, thats why I thought there may be a mistake in my hook up. How do you hook up your midi keys thanks TNT
  • Christian L
    Hi, Did you create instrument object for each of your synth in the Environment MIDI Instr layer (New > Multi Instr. )? You will then need to click on all 16 channels to activate them. In the Inspector, you need to select the correct MIDI port and channel for both of your synth. Tell me if it helps! Christian
  • Bezilyo
    Hey Christian sorry for taking so long to reply, the answer is yes I have created muti inst in the enviroment. Like I said right now I run them both into my midi interface as midi in an out each is assigned its own port. Thanks for your input again if you were using this set up how would you route everything Thanks TNT
  • Christian L
    Hi, Make sure that the each synth has it's own individual Port in the environment's inspector. [img]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3931/inspectoruz7.jpg[/img] Set different MIDI channel on each synth. (For example, channel 1 for your KORG extreme and channel 2 for your K2000... see your synth's manual for more details on how to do this). Match these settings in the environment's inspector. I think this should do the trick. Let me know how it turns out! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: