macProVideo.com
Forums
  • goanjoey
    apply effects in stp
    hi guys,i am using a macpro,version 10.5.2,i have stp version 2.0.2 as part of logic pro 8,when i export a file from logic into stp to apply effects to specific regions,when i go to header process,then effects there seem to be no effects available,the effects is highlighted,so are fade in,fade out and most of the rest,even if i open stp direct its the same.could someone sort me out,treat me as beginer ok..:)) many thanx,goanjoey
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: apply effects in stp
    Hi goanjoey, What type of file are you working on before you export it to STP. Also, please let us know the process you use to export a file to STP. Cheers
  • goanjoey
    i was using a loop that i imported from my desk top after exporting a packed folder as apple loop,i was doing the masterclass by steve h,what i meant was if i go up to the tool bar where u have multitrack, clip, mark, process.....i go to process,then effect,effect is highlighted,but i see no effects,if i click on effects on left window below,stp hangs, i used the exactprocees of select region, audio,open in stp,to apply effects to slected parts of region,never used stp before...many thanx,goanjoey
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi That's strange... Can you try to do the following from within Logic to see if it works for you... 1. In Logic drag any blue apple loop from the Loop browser into the arrange. 2. Select the loop 3. Choose: Options > Audio > Open in Soundtrack Pro The audio apple loop should now open in STP. 4. Can you see the effects in the STP "Process" menu? 5. Can you see any effects in the left panel? Here are some pics that show my view: [img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2156/stp1vb2.png[/img] On the left pane you should see something like this: [img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5333/stp2dc5.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • goanjoey
    yep thats exactly what i was saying..window 1 i see the first panel...effects panel etc...not delay,distortion...i've tried it the way u explained and by directly opening stp...seems no pluging there...:(( window 2....stp hangs when i click on effects.. i can't see any effects on stp at any time thanx goanjoey
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... try repairing disk permissions: 1. Go to Applications/Utilities 2. Open Disk Utility 3. Make sure all other app's are closed & choose your Mac's HD. 4. Click on "Repair permissions" 5. When done restart your mac and try again... Any luck? Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, You can also try deleting your STP preferences. Go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the "com.apple.soundtrackpro.plist" file. Tell us if it works! Christian
  • goanjoey
    i did repair permissions restart on hd,still the same,i sent to trash the com.apple.....file,still the same,i have another internal hd(later installed) the softwares are on the ones i did repair permission,but the projects are on the other,the repair disc and verify is not highlighted on the second one,should i try something on it too or....regards goanjoey
  • Rounik Admin
    No the other drive should be fine.... Have you used any of these effects in Logic? Logic/STP's effects should be available and would be stored within the application or the Library... I would backup your system to an external drive and either... 1. Re-install STP only 2. Delete Logic and STP and re-install Logic & STP from the original DVD's 3. Wipe the drive and re-format and install OS X, update to 10.5.4 and then install Logic studio completely. 4. Update to OS X 10.5.4 and then see if the problem persists, if it does, re-install Logic and STP from DVD. Let us know if you need any help. Cheers Rounik
  • goanjoey
    thanx soo much,i am backing up my system,could u safely guide me thru reinstalling stp only,logic/plugging working absolutely fine yr support really appreciated sincerely goanjoey
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: