macProVideo.com
Forums
  • noidea
    missing/corrupt sound files
    does anyone know anything about this? http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1516777&stqc=true i tried the method with no luck. i'm also finding some corrupted instrument files. reinstalled a few times with no change. and: when i reinstall and bring the project folders back into logic, why are some audio regions 'not available'?
  • Christian L
    Re: missing/corrupt sound files
    Hi, Can you tell what instrument files are corrupted exactly ? Thanks!
  • noidea
    so far i've found: necromancer guitar is missing bass section legato and tremolo both play tremolo brass section staccato and legato both play legato
  • Christian L
    Hi, I tried the Bass Section and Brass Ensemble Staccato and Legato and it's definitely a little glitch in Logic. Nothing wrong with your installation, I have the same problem here. Just load up the channel strip setting and change the patch in the EXS24 to "Full Brass staccato". Do you get an error message when you load up the "Necromancer Gt" ?
  • noidea
    no, i can't find the necro guitar, even when i search for it using the browser. god only knows how many other instrument files i'm missing. and i notice that i only have Jam Pack 1 showing available in new projects, whereas in older projects all the Jam Packs are showing available.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi noidea, Have you installed Garageband or STP or any other app since re-installing Logic? Have you tried to install only the content, making sure all the boxes, including "legacy" are ticked? When you say only jampack 1 is showing. I assume you mean in the Loop Browser? When you click on the "View" pop-down menu do you see anything like the following?[img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5237/loopbrowserwj2.png[/img] Can you tell me if the necro guitar is a channel strip setting or an EXS24 instrument and I'll have a look for it. Cheers Rounik
  • noidea
    i installed soundtrack pro when i installed logic. i haven't reinstalled garageband since, but i did do a full install with all the boxes ticked, including legacy. all jampacks now visible - i must have clicked some obscure button somewhere. you might want to give this thread a look, too. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1395501 i followed the advice, but couldn't find the missing file. i don't remember if the necroguitar was a channel strip setting or an exs24 patch. all i know is that it's gone. thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I think I know why you thought your jampacks were not fully installed: When you open the Library to display all channel strip settings at the bottom you will see Jam Pack 1 and no other jampacks. This is because, I believe, only jampack 1 comes with preset channel strip settings. The instruments are all on your system but are available as presets for EXS24 etc. I can't fnd the necromancer guitar. It doesn't seem to be a channel strip setting for either audio or software instrument tracks, an EXS24 instrument or a Guitar Amp Pro preset setting. Cheers Rounik p.s. if you want you can go to the various locations where logic stores it files, loops and settings and see how many files are present and how big each folder is. Then we can compare data.
  • Christian L
    The Necromancer Guitar is a channel strip from Logic 7. It is not installed with Logic 8. Rounik, can you check the Bass Section and Brass Ensemble Staccato and Legato to see if you have the same problem ? Thanks
  • noidea
    necromancer is not part of the 'legacy' files?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: