macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Midi Unpack
    Why is it when I unpack a midi take folder the unpacked takes are not 'independent'? That is, when I mute/solo one, the others mute/solo as well. Is it because the regions are references?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi Unpack
    Hi Shaun, When you unpack the MIDI take folder did you select "Unpack" or "Unpack to new tracks"? If you select "Unpack" only then the takes will be separate regions on the same track but with their own lane. This isn't an issue when muting unless you choose to mute the track (not the region) in Logic's default mute/solo mode (Slow (CPU saving). However, if you have selected "Fast (Remote channel strips) mute/solo mode in Preferences > Audio > General then muting a track will mute all regions no matter what lane they are placed on. To get around this, either change the rack mute/solo mode or use the mute/solo key commands on a selected region. Is that what you mean? Cheers Rounik
  • Staggboy
    If I understand you correctly, it happens because when you unpack the take folder, the newly created tracks are assigned to the original instrument that was used - ie they're all effectively addressing the same instrument in the same channel strip. Mute one of these tracks, and it does indeed mute them all. Couple of suggestions: either Right- or Control-click on the track header to reassign the track objects, or create new tracks using the "New Track with Duplicate Setting" option, then move the various takes onto them. Hope this helps... Cheers, MJS.
  • Xidehoy
    Yup, that's what is happening. It seems odd that Logic would take this approach, but I guess if you have 15 takes, it may not be wise to create 15 instances of an EXS (or whatever) when the folder is unpacked to tracks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shaun, As i mentioned in my previous post, you can choose "Unpack to new tracks" if you wish to. But, yeah, 15 separate instances of an EXS might bring things to a halt ;-) Rounik
  • Xidehoy
    Unpacking to tracks is where the issue lies. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: