macProVideo.com
Forums
  • noidea
    audio regions not playing after backup and reimport
    i recently reinstalled the program, and some of the audio regions, saved in the project folders that were backed up and reimported after installation, do not play. some are fine. some give me an error upon loading the project. the bin has the missing audio regions exclamation marked. when i try to import it through the logic browser from the hard drive (outside of the project folder, where the 'master' audio file is) i get another error message. however, since the audio file is still in the project folder, if i locate it there in through the logic browser and reintroduce it into the arrange window, it plays. of course, i have to delete the old region, and replace it precisely, which is a pain in the neck. any ideas? many thanks in advance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: audio regions not playing after backup and reimport
    Hi noidea, 1. When you saved your project originally did you tick "Include assets"? 2. What were the error messages? 3. Are the audio files in *project folder*/audio files/ ? 4. Just to confirm, are the audio files of the regions that are NOT playing in the Bin? What about the audio files of the regions that ARE playing? One idea would be to File > save as.. then with your new project choose File > Project > Consolidate... Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi again, Also, check that the audio regions are definitely on audio tracks and that each audio channel strip is set to OUTPUT 1-2. Also, make sure that certain regions and tracks are not muted and/or soloed. This sounds obvious, but Logic has a few different track and region mute and solo methods. Best Rounik
  • noidea
    yes, it's nothing like this. everything played fine before backing up and reimporting. now some do, and some do not. nothing changed apart from the back up and reinstallation.
  • noidea
    1. yes. 2. upon opening: audio file "name.wav" not found! upon attempting to reintroduce file from master clip folder (not the one saved in the project folder): file with specified name and version number already exists. it's telling me this because the old .wav file is also in the project folder. if i delete the region from the arrange window and reintroduce it from the project folder, not the master clip folder i created, then the arrange window will take it - again - without error. 3. yes. 4. both are in the bin. the files that don't play are marked with an exclamation point.
  • Rounik Admin
    In my post above I suggested: choose File > Project > Consolidate... Did you try that? In the Audio Bin click Audio File > Add audio file... From the add audio file window you can now add the audio files from your HD. Does that not work? Cheers Rounik
  • noidea
    no, i get the same error message - "file with specified name and version number already exists" - and the regions in question are still blank looking (without the identifying label the working audio regions have) even after running the consolidate function.
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. Try File>Save as... and save it to a completely different location on your HD so as not to get confused. Make sure you tick the "Save assets" section. Then try out the new project. Cheers Rounik
  • noidea
    nope, same problems.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi noidea, If you like I can take a look at the project? If you wish, you can do this by control-clicking on the project folder and selecting "compress". Then go to [url]www.sendspace.com[/url] upload the zip file. Finally, send me a private message with the URL (address) of the uploaded file. If you're not happy about doing that it's fine - either way, it sounds like you may have to rebuild your song in a new project. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: