macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zwski
    Piano Roll reverse order?!
    greetings all, I would like to know if it is possible to Reverse, invert and retrograde any notes that I have in the piano roll window. for example, I have the following notes : C D# Eb Ab in the piano roll, now I want to select all of these notes and reverse their order so it can be Ab Eb D# C . is there a way I can do that with out editing one by one?! the same question goes for inversion and retrogression... I just want to be able to switch the order of my notes in the piano roll ... many thanks for ANY advice!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Piano Roll reverse order?!
    Hi Zwski, This sounds like a job for the transform window! Try it out and let us know if you have any problems... By the way, Steve H's TNT1 & 2 look at using the transform window for advanced midi manipulation. Cheers Rounik
  • Zwski
    Transform Window, how to??? reverse order?!
    thanks for your fast reply! is Steve H's TNT the new one that talks about that window? I just checked the Logic Pro 8 Manual and it only mentions that it is possible, but funny enough it does not show you how ! I have been playing around with and I am completely lost,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Transform Window, how to??? reverse order?!
    Hi Zwski, Sorry, I meant Steve H's Logic Masterclass: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic201[/url] But to get you started: 1. Select the notes in Piano roll & Open Window > Transform 2. Click on Presets arrow and select "Reverse Position" 3. Make sure the Position section is correct. 4. Click "Operate Only". There are lots of different presets you can try out to reverse pitch and humanize your midi notes etc. You can also make your own presets! Cheers Rounik
  • Zwski
    Rounik, what is a correct position? sorry, but all I do is select all the notes in the environment an chose the reverse option an nothing happens, ..... by the way, many thanks for your help
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Zwski, Are you confusing the "Transformer object" found in the Environment with the Transform window? OK. It's very important that you select the notes in the piano roll - not the environment. Now the notes are highlighted go to window > Transform. Select the reverse preset and in the "Position" column set the position f the notes you want to be reversed. e.g. You have three notes starting at 1 1 1 1 and the last note ends at 2 4 1 1. Make sure those positions are entered under Position - "Inside". Check your piano roll notes are still highlighted and click "Operate only". Hope that works. Cheers Rounik
  • Zwski
    Hi Rounik, thanks so much for familiarizing me with this window, I have made sure I follow all your steps.. unfortunately the reverse does not work, I tried choosing the scale option, the Range option an the random option, just to make sure I have entered the correct info, and they work, all except the reverse option, the notes stay in their place, and they are highlighted.... pff what a head ache , thanks for really trying!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Zwski, No problem, really! Try it on a selection of different notes. Also try choosing "Select and operate". Make sure you select the position like I've done in the following pics: Here is a before example pic: [img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6509/picture2nb6.png[/img] and an after example pic: [img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7756/picture3rq4.png[/img] Are you running Logic 8.0.2? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: