macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logic pro 8
    score not linked to midi sound..
    How do I create a score that is not linked to a midi region? Sometimes if lets say you have a slow string comming in you offset it ahead of the mesur..But for live musician thats not the right way to write it in a score sheet. if you write it on time the sound comes in too late! How do I create a score sheet for that region without it afecting the midi info and by the same way the sound?? Annybody on this?? Thanks Steeve
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: score not linked to midi sound..
    Hi Steve, The score is a always linked to a MIDI region. However, you can input the note create a new region just for that note and in the Inspector parameters box set it to a minus delay... Does that help you achieve the effect you are looking for? Cheers Rounik
  • logic pro 8
    Thats quite interesting. But I was more looking for a way to create a complet score sheet for orchestration (like 12 instrument) in the same project like FINALE, but without changing my sound work" in Midi. I think this is laking in todays softwear. It sould contain a dedicated score softwear that is used within the sequencer but not linked with. Caus in audio-midi info and in real musician reading score there is a world of difference. A quick example is if you dont press a note long enaugh or a little longer( as part of every musician expression is diffrent) this will change the note value very much in the score but not so much in the midi. That for the musician reading the score changes everything. So wath I'm realy looking for is to deactivate the score from the sound and keep the Midi info linked to the sound output. Is there annything similare in Logic? Thanks again Steeve
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm not 100% clear I understand you fully when you say "So wath I'm realy looking for is to deactivate the score from the sound and keep the Midi info linked to the sound output." In the Score you can use the MIDI out button to deactivate the notes in the score triggering the sound when you move or copy them. Otherwise, could you not create 12 soft inst tracks with no instruments loaded but 12 empty MIDI regions and create a score that way? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:63390] A quick example is if you dont press a note long enaugh or a little longer( as part of every musician expression is diffrent) this will change the note value very much in the score but not so much in the midi. That for the musician reading the score changes everything.[/quote] To solve these kinds of problems, you can check or uncheck the "Interpretation", "Syncopation" and "No Overlap" parameter in the Score's Inspector. When the "Interpretation" checkbox is enabled, it will avoid displaying unwanted short rests and the score will therefore be easier to read. The "Syncopation" checkbox will display tied notes as one unique note. The "No Overlap" checkbox will get rid of the overlapping notes that are played legato. This will also result in an easier to read score. I hope it helps! Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Christian! :-) Rounik
  • logic pro 8
    If I desactivate the midi out button in the score editor and write a note, it still writes the notes in the midi and still afect the output.... Wath I'm looking for is: As I have finish my recording in midi and it sounds perfect. I want to be able to change the score as I want without changing anything in the midi wich would be the onelything controling the sound output!! So for me the score manipulation should not be linked to the Midi. I tryed wath you mention but if you desactivate the midi button on an empty bar as a test and write a note in the score editor...Well gess wath , it writes one in the midi. So it looks like theres no dedicated score fonction in this programme. Thanks man... Steeve
  • logic pro 8
    This is a great feature...((To solve these kinds of problems, you can check or uncheck the "Interpretation", "Syncopation" and "No Overlap" parameter in the Score's Inspector....)) Thanks man... Steeve
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: