macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    file volume
    hello how can i low or rise the volume in a file ,icant see nothing in the sampler editor,only the normalize function and, how can i do a coma afination (or micro afination) in midi thank you Hector
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: file volume
    Hi Hector, If you want to destructively change the volume of an audio file/region in Logic, open the sample editor and choose Functions > Change Gain... However, you can add a gain plug-in on the channel strip in the arrange and bounce the region to new file if you wish. Sorry, I don't understand what an "afination" is... Could you explain it in more detail more please. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, If you want to change the gain of an audio file in the sample editor, you choose Function > Change Gain. You can then change the gain in percent or in dB with the "Change Relative" parameter. Keep in mind that this function is destructive... (although you can still use the Sample Editor's undo function in the local Edit menu). Not sure what you mean by "micro afination"... do you mean micro tuning ? Christian
  • jeck
    well ,yes, micro tuning,sorry about my english ,thanks you guys hector
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, I'd use the pitch shifter plug-in. It can raise / lower the note in by a cent, a half note and a whole note in any combination up to plus or minus one octave. Is that what you're looking for? Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    hi Rounik i need this in midi,i mean i have an audio file , and i add a midi horn but the tuning (i dont want to alter the audio file,is a little bit out of tune ,in realation to a universal tuning )how can i rise the tuning of the midi horn,to match the tuning of the audio file? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, You can use the Pitch shifter plug-in for Software instruments channel strips. Just add it via the Inserts in the Channel strip. It doesn't alter the audio file. All plug-ins in Logic that you add on to a channel strips inserts are non-destructive and can be bypassed etc... But, if you want to micro tune without using the plug-in you can. Please tell me which instrument you are using for the MIDI horn part? For example, if you load the horn sample instrument for the EXS24, in the upper left side you will see knobs for "Tune" and "Fine". It sounds like you want to adjust the "Fine" tuning accordingly. [img]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1166/picture2pj9.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    thank you again thats it ! see you rounik hector
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Hector! :-) Take care Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi guys! May I add that if you want to change the tuning globally, it would be easier to do this under File > Project Settings > Tuning. You can change the pitch in cent for all software instruments. You can also choose from a HUGE list of different Software Instruments fixed scale or even create your own! Take care! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: