macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    Hyper Draw fuctions
    hi, i'm trying to achieve the effect of a slide between two notes, and i'm trying the portamento function under Hyper Draw menu. it is an "on/off" parameter, but after i selected the two notes and turn on the parameter by assigning a value greater than 64, i can hear no efrect. how to get the effect of slides in logic? i have similar problem with other fuctions in hyper draw, like breath... no matter how i draw the curves, i hear no effect at all. the only thing works to me now is the volume and expression. i tried to read the manual, but it says nothing really. will deeply appreciate any helps, since theya re wonderful functions once mastered! many thanks in advance! best,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hyper Draw fuctions
    Hi you could try using the pitch bend subtly to create a glide effect... But personally I'd use the glide parameter from within an instrument in track automation mode. It depends on which software instrument you are using. For example using the EXS24, switch to track automation mode (A). Select the "glide" from the track header's automation mode menu and away you go! You can even tie the track automation to the region: Check out the function: Options > Track Automation > Move current track automation data to region Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    The Portamento parameter is a MIDI CC for controlling external synths. AFAIK, it won't have any effect on Logic's software instruments. Use the glide parameter as Rounik suggested. What synths are you trying to "glide" ? Christian
  • Rasydye
    many thanks! the synth i'm now using is exs24. i will try it and let you know. have a great weekend!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: