macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mmusic88
    Elastic Audio
    Hi everyone, I got a question about elastic audio. I just received a session that I want to remix, but the tracks were exported as only audio wave files, so the transients information changed and now I can't convert them back to loops or make use of elastic audio. Do you know guys if there's any way I can fix this? I would very much appreciate your help. Thanks, I
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Elastic Audio
    Hi FVS & welcome to the forums! There are a number of things you might do in this situation. It's difficult to know what you want to do (just change the tempo?) and what the material is (mainly rhythmic or tonal?) You could cut up regions into loops and make them into apple loops, or if it's a region of say beats you could use the Audio > Strip silence... command to remove the silence and create lots of smaller regions and then ether load these slices into the EXS24 or Ultrabeat or manually position them in the Arrange and you won't have to worry about tempo changes. Another option would be to re-record each track back into Logic in realtime so you can use the "follow tempo" feature: Set the original tempo of the project. route the output of one of the audio tracks to say Bus 10. Now on an empty audio track select the Input as Bus 10. Record enable the new empty audio track and press record. Once you have recorded the audio you should see the "follow tempo" option for that audio track in the Inspector. Now making tempo changes will result in the audio track adjusting. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, Hi,, I just want to make sure you already know the tempo of the song. This is very important. If you don't, you won't be able to cut and loop the audio material. Christian
  • mmusic88
    Hey Guys, Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I didn't give enough details of what I wanted to do. Well, I just got an audio session from a singer, and she wants me to remix her track. I got the project with all audio tracks, but I found out that the guys from the studio she recorded with probably exported these as new audio tracks and forgot to select the "keep original file" option or something, and now I can't manipulate the tempo of the session. You know, in order to do the remix I need to change to a faster tempo. I already tried different things, I did what you suggested before (trying to convert these regions into audio loops), but still they don't get affected by tempo changes, so I don't have any idea of what else I can do. If you guys come up with any possible solution, please let me know. That'd be great. Thanks! Peace, F
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fvs, No problem! Here are a few questions to help: 1. So, what tempo is the original audio recorded at? 2. When you made them into apple loops did you select "one shot" (won't be affected by tempo changes) or "Looping" (will be affected by tempo changes). 3. ave you tried my suggestions from above: Another option would be to re-record each track back into Logic in realtime so you can use the "follow tempo" feature: Set the original tempo of the project. route the output of one of the audio tracks to say Bus 10. Now on an empty audio track select the Input as Bus 10. Record enable the new empty audio track and press record. Once you have recorded the audio you should see the "follow tempo" option for that audio track in the Inspector. Now making tempo changes will result in the audio track adjusting. This could solve your problem completely! Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • mmusic88
    Hi Rounik, Thanks a lot for your help! Now it's working great! I tried what you suggested, (re-recording the tracks and routing the outputs to a bus), then what I also did was to cut the regions and move them close the beat 'cause they were a little off and were still causing problems with tempo, but now the session is fixed and ready to be remixed. =) Thanks again. Best, F
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fvs, Excellent! Enjoy the remixing :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: