macProVideo.com
Forums
  • grapestone
    Cool stuff…
    Hi folks, Recently I've checked demo CD which comes with Logic 8 and I've noticed very cool stuff, in particular when you open the demo file with arrangement you can see a text pad or something included where you can find an information about the band or singer, song lyrics etc. I'm just curious how can I make one 'cause it's a pretty handy thing. For example: I'm sending my arrangement to another person to mix it down. When he receives the file and opens it he can find that pad with my important notes concerning the mix. Any thoughts…? (I think there was a picture in the up left corner, which is cool too ;) Thanks, Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cool stuff
    Hi Archie, Oh the joy of markers! In your arrangement place the playhead where you want to create a marker and choose: Option > Marker > Create Open the Event List and choose the Marker tab. Here you can type in whatever you wish to appear in this marker. You can colour the background and the text etc! The best thing about markers is you can have more than one! So, you can split lyrics to appear at the relevant sections of the song. To get a picture in the Inspector... well actually, it's a video file. Double click on the picture and you'll see it open in a quicktime player style viewer. Simply open iMovie 08 and drag a picture to a new project. Share the project as a quicktime movie and import the .mov file into Logic: Options > Movie > open Movie... Cool stuff! :-) Rounik
  • grapestone
    Hey Rounik, Thanks a lot! I think you talking about marker which can be found above the arrange window and runs through whole song. What I've been talking about is a note pad floating window in the arrange… Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Archie, Yes. It is a marker window. This can be displayed in a number of ways: 1. In the Ruler Bar 2. Below Ruler Bar (Global Tracks) 3. In the Lists (next to Media button - my fav) 4. As a floating window: Options > Marker > Open Marker Text Cheers Rounik
  • grapestone
    Oh, I see. Thanks mate! ATB Archie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: