macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    viewing multiple regions in the piano roll editor
    Logic used to show multiple regions in the piano roll editor however with 8.0.2 it doesn't seem to work any more. You could select view region colors and when you select multiple regions they all show up in a single window but it doesn't seem to do that any more.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: viewing multiple regions in the piano roll editor
    Hi Alan, I'm not near Logic right now... Make sure View > Show Selected Regions Only is switched off, then double-click on the background of the Piano Roll Editor. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, for looked for the View > Show Selected Regions Only but I didn't find it. Is the View > in the piano roll editor. I looked around in the arrange window and also the logic preferences as well. I noticed that by turning off view region colors it shows a few multiple regions but not all selected regions and I noticed the region name was frozen but then by double clicking in the blank area it changed it back to selecting region colors to get the colors to appear. I don't know why it was stuck when deselecting. I also noticed that different colors appear in the same region that could be colors for the velocities.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, [quote:34022]Hello, for looked for the View > Show Selected Regions Only but I didn't find it. Is the View > in the piano roll editor. I looked around in the arrange window and also the logic preferences as well. [/quote] Yes, sorry about that - I checked the Logic pdf manual before which details that. Now that I'm at Logic I agree this menu option doesn't seem to exist. But, on my don't have a problem viewing all the MIDI region events in the Piano Roll at the same time. I simply select the regions and open the Piano roll. Colours of each note represent different velocities, you're right. What do you mean by a region is "frozen"? Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    hello, The region and the region name in the upper left corner remained the same region but when I double clicked it it changed. I don't think the colors should indicate velocities while not in hyper draw. Can you tell me two things I thought that the event list for audio track controller changes was cmd ctrl W but that may be incorrect. Also I the very small changes in the node values I thought was the option drag on the automation line but I could be incorrect. It could be that the one about the nodes is in Logic 101 but I am not sure. Thanks for your help, Alan Alan
  • Christian L
    [quote:34022]Logic used to show multiple regions in the piano roll editor however with 8.0.2 it doesn't seem to work any more. You could select view region colors and when you select multiple regions they all show up in a single window but it doesn't seem to do that any more.[/quote] If the piano roll does'nt display multiple regions in a single window, it's probably because the "Link" button is not activated. Simply click the "Link" button in the Piano Roll. It should turn yellow and everything should be back to normal. Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Just to clarify, that's the link button in the Piano Roll Editor. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Thanks Rounik! This is a picture of the Link button in case you're not familiar with it :[img]http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1088/linkns0.jpg[/img] Take care!
  • Rounik Admin
    wow, funky piano roll background! ;-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638]wow, funky piano roll background! ;-) Rounik[/quote] :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: