macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jesynui
    How to install in a iMac Logic7
    Hi, I have installed in a G5 logic7+upgradeLogic8 and work perfect. But now I need to install this program into another computer ( iMac) , and the Xskey don´t let me do it. What I have to do ? I just want to install Logic in the other mac. Thank you
  • Christian L
    Re: How to install in a iMac Logic7
    Hi, I think you should just install the upgrade and insert the XSkey when prompted to do so. Do you get an error message ? Are you sure you entered the serial number correctly ? PS You can only have Logic running on one computer at a time, so quit Logic on your G5 first. Christian
  • Jesynui
    Thank you Christian, I am going to try as you said. I will let you know if it works. Carlos
  • Jesynui
    Hi Cristian, I try to install the upgrade as you told me, and then they ask me for the Serial number of the upgrade. I writed perfect and then a new window apear asking me to insert the XSKey or the Logic7 serial number,. Then I conect the XSKey and I received a message :" Your XSKey is not valid for this actualización." I chek everything with serial number but there is no way. And the www. xskey .com.... is not avable. What can I do? or how to contact with someone in apple that give me un answer to solve this situation? Thanks Cristian. Carlos
  • Zihymua
    Hi Dune, be sure your second iMac it is connect on internet with the same address and server of your first Mac, I am telling you this because i have one of my 3 Mac s connect to and other server and i encounter the same problem, that is a protection from Apple so your friend exemple can t take your software to installed it on his computer
  • Jesynui
    Hi Alrobi: Both macs G5 and iMac are in my house connectect to the same router,server and with my address and register both in my name. Only the name and contraseña ( password ) of the new one ( iMac ) are diferent, is in the name of my doughter. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dune22, I don't know which country you are living in so I can not pass on the correct Apple support details. But here is the contact support main page for all countries within the US: [url]http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html[/url] You could also try setting up a new account on your daughter's mac and try installing Logic 8 there. Are you sure you have entered all the details correctly, e.g. the serial number from your Logic 8 discs - not logic 7? Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Dune all my Mac there on my name, why dont you give a tried to reassigned this computer with the same name, when i move my problem Mac and connected it on the same server everything work fine but this Mac was with the same name of the 2 others. hope i am clear in my explanation
  • Jesynui
    Well my friend, I installed completly the new iMac in my name and I was especting it will acept the XSkey, but again give me the same message,: " your Xskey is not valid for this actualización". Well... I don-t know wat to do. Tomorrow I will try to phone apple to see what it is wrong, I hope I can get trough with someone that answer my question. Is not easy here in Spain, seems like nobody knows anything about it. I´ll try again. If still there is something I can do just let me know please... Thank you Dune22
  • Christian L
    Hi, Is this an Academic version of Logic 7 ?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: