macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kinojyy
    error -10011 - hard drive goes into the red
    Hi, I have a Mac Pro with several drives in it, they're all Seagate 7200 SATA 2 drives. I get the HD meter freaking out whenever I try to render, even when I only have 5 or 6 frozen tracks. I don't think the computer is acting up or the drives are particularly slow, but what could be going on? How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: error -10011 - hard drive goes into the red
    Hi Andy, How much ram do you have? What version of OS X are you running? Do you have the latest Logic Pro 8.0.2? How much available HD space do you have on your main HD running OS X? The latest version of OS X 10.5.4 and Logic 8.0.2 have solved many users issues concerning slow or sluggish behaviour. Also, what are your buffer settings in Loigc? Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio (Devices) The lower the buffer settings the less latency when recording, but the higher CPU strain. Increase your buffer size to see if that has an impact. Let us know if this helps. Cheers Rounik
  • Kinojyy
    Thanks for the reply. 4 gigs, Mac OSX and Logic Pro have all the updates. I increased the buffer size but I still get the error... even at 1024
  • Rounik Admin
    Have you repaired permissions recently? Applications/Utility/Disk Utility Select your main HD Click "repair permissions" Restart your mac Out of interest, when you say you are rendering - do you mean bouncing your project? How many tracks is your project and what plug-ins and instruments are you using. Are you bouncing in realtime or offline? Cheers Rounik
  • Kinojyy
    I ran DiskWarrior on all my drives -- just 8 tracks, no plugins at all. The bounce is from the button in the mixer, tried both offline and realtime.
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. Can you explain what exactly happens when "the cpu meters freak out" - is Logic unable to complete the bounce function? How does the cpu meter behave when playing back the 8 tracks in Logic? What sample rate are you working at? Also, have you tried doing the same bounce in a new project? Cheers Rounik
  • Kinojyy
    Logic sometimes crashes, othertimes I get an empty AIFF file. The CPU meter only shows 1 core (out of 4) processing, and it's in the red. The HD meter shoots to the red also. 44.1 sample rate, same problem in a new project or on a different drive. This started happening at the same time I got a Novation Nocturn, don't know if it's a factor or coincidence, testing now....
  • Rounik Admin
    Well that was going to be my next question: 1. Does this happen when you disconnect an external devices and use core audio only? 2. What audio interface are you using? Cheers Rounik
  • Kinojyy
    1.) trying just core audio now... 2.) I have two interfaces I use (one at a time) an Apogee Duet (with latest drivers) and for situations where I have to go back and forth to ProTools, an m-audio fw410
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: