macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jimmy Zee
    Comping Tracks
    Hello all, I need a bit of help. Can't find the answer anywhere. If I have a comp track and an extra track or two how can I merge the tracks together so I can comp all the tracks at once. I did a bunch of takes one day on one track and some single tracks of the same instrument on other tracks but i can't seem to merge them. I also did this with stereo tracks for slide I had 2 mikes and ran it in stereo for several tracks they are in folders now. Can I merge them into one track to utilize the comping tool. I could record the track into the comp track but i wonder if there is function to do it quicker!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Comping Tracks
    Hi Jimmy Zee & welcome to the forums! First make a copy of your comp folder and keep it safe ;-) From the Take folder menu triangle (top right of take folder) select "Unpack" Place the region you want to add to the take folder directly under the other unpacked regions. Select all the regions Choose Region > Folder > Pack Take Folder Cheers Rounik
  • Jimmy Zee
    Can I also do that from tracks that were done in previous sessions in 7 as I have 5 guitar tracks that I want to comp but they are seperate takes. Can I put them on one track to use the comp function.
  • Jimmy Zee
    That worked, I know how to do it but it if there was overdubs it treats each overdub as a new track in the comping region can I not flatten those to one track as it goes down quite far for some tracks. Some tracks were edited in 7 so it seems to open the edits as new tracks. Same on the slide stereo it has so many area's it will be difficult to work with.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jimmy Yes, you're right. eahc part of a comp appears as a new track lane in a take folder. All I could suggest is keeping backups of the take folders and then flattening comps and creating a "super-comp" take folder, following the same procedure as you're doing. Does that work ok? In theory, even if the audio files are from Logic 7, once you have imported them into your L8 project they should work fine when adding them into a take folder. Cheers Rounik
  • Jimmy Zee
    Is there no way to move the track up or copying it and pasting it in a open section while in the comp mode this seems like an option that should be available, would make things easier to look at.
  • Jimmy Zee
    By the way thanks Rounik for the quick response, I couldn't find the solution anywhere.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jimmy, No problem! I think your ideas are really great. Being able to copy and paste to within a take folder/comp would be a great feature. Having a Take/Comp Event List would also be quite interesting IMHO. Comping and take folders are new to Logic 8 and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more features to be implemented to make take folders even better and more intuitive. I'd recommend you post these ideas to the Logic developers. The more good suggestions they get, the better for us in the long term ;-) [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Jimmy Zee
    will do, if anyone wants to hear what can be accomplished on logic take a listen to this http://www.myspace.com/jimmyzeemusic my new CD is coming out soon all done on logic as well!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jimmy, Nice. Is the whole album recorded, mixed and mastered in Logic? What about external gear, or is it all done in the Box with Logic's plug-ins?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: