macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Audio controller changes and automation node editing
    I thought that the event list for audio track controller changes was cmd ctrl W but that may be incorrect. Also I thought the very small changes in the node values was the option drag on the automation line but I could be incorrect. Do you know how these work Getting very small changes in the automation lines is sometimes important to the mix. I may have been better off using a limiter first. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio controller changes and automation node editing
    [quote:34022]I thought that the event list for audio track controller changes was cmd ctrl W but that may be incorrect.[/quote] Ahhh... you mean the "Automation Event List"! That's Ctrl-Cmnd-E or search for it in your key commands incase you have it listed differently. Remember, you can customise the key commands, which is part of what makes Logic so great! As you know you can make very very small changes to the position and value etc using the Automation Event List (which is just a floating window version of the Event List btw). I normally zoom in quite close to make minuscule changes to automation. I find using Ctrl-Option and rubberband selection to zoom in and ctrl-option- click to zoom out a level very quick and convenient. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    hello, I normally zoom in quite close to make minuscule changes to automation. I find using Ctrl-Option and rubberband selection to zoom in and ctrl-option- click to zoom out a level very quick and convenient. Do you mean horizontal not vertical? If you can zoom for automation that would be great because I usually keep my automation on my track but it's zoomed out all the way but that doesn't change the vertical drag. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    If you use the zoom tool from the toolbox or the: ctrl-option- rubberband technique you can choose the section to zoom in upon very easily. It can be both horizontal and vertical - depending on how you draw the selection area. I keep my automation on my track too. What do you mean "vertical drag"? Do you mean the parameter value? I can change the pan level for example +/- 1 step easily when zoomed in or not. It works fine here. What are you looking to do? Thanks Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, I used the list window but the values won't change to the point such as 51.1 but only 51 for a controller value for 7 volume. I cannot zoom a automation line vertical except predefined values. I thought there was a key you could use when dragging to make that happen to get point changes though. The zoom will get horizontal zoom but not vertical but if it's in it will but not if it's dragged down. yes I am talking about the parameter value. I am working on an orchestration of what I call a bass take and it uses woodwinds brass other instruments and audio bass and audio vocals. That requires the ability to make very small automation changes to be able to hear all the instruments. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, This has more to do with the fader resolution value in Logic. If it's volume you want to control, try putting a Gain plug-in on your track and then automate it. The gain values can definitely be set to one decimal point. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: