macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Deepgroove
    Recording Guitar in Logic Pro 8
    Hi, I have been trying to record live guitar in Logic, using a Behringer UCG102 Interface. The delay time between plucking the strings and hearing the audio - either through headphones or my speakers is at least half a second. I'm quite new to all this and wondered if this is the norm or can it be sorted? Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Guitar in Logic Pro 8
    Hi Deep Groove, Welcome to the MacProVideo forums. The term you're referring to is called "latency". (the difference in time between when you create a sound signal and when you hear it back through your monitoring system). There are a few things you can do to reduce the latency: go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices] In the Core Audio tab you'll see a pop down menu for I/O Buffer Size. It's worth experimenting with the settings here bearing the following in mind: - Lower buffer size setting = less latency but more strain on your mac's cpu. - Higher buffer size = less strain on your cpu (thus better for mixing). Generally a buffer size of 64 to 128 is ok for most people, but do try 32. If your system struggles to playback - or you get error messages, consider taking away any latency inducing plug-ins on your audio track (e.g. limiter, adlimiter, reverb etc) If you don't want to hear any of the built-in effects while recording uncheck "Software monitoring". Let us know how you get on. The Logic 101: Core Logic 8 Tutorial is a really really excellent place to start if you're starting out in Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] You can read more about it and view some preview vid's on the above link. Cheers Rounik
  • Deepgroove
    Re: Recording Guitar in Logic Pro 8
    Hey thanks alot for the help, I'll let you know how it goes. Oh I guess I should have said that I'm running a 2.16GHz Intel iMac with 2.5GB of RAM. Cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: