macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Braden
    EXS 24 and Waves
    Is it possible to import some wav files sampled from an Roland R8 drum machine into EXS 24 ? I have Dave Dvorins' Mac video on EX and I know you can covert Akai/Giga samples etc... but I don't think it mentioned anything about other formats. thanks Brad
  • steveH
    Re: EXS 24 and Waves
    If they are .wav files, the EXS24 will play them.
  • Martin
    Yeah, you'll probably have to build your own sample patch though ... that's covered in the videos. You can also use this really cool tool by redmatica ... it is a bit expensive though, but will it ever save you time: http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/logic-pro&id=1622&sid=#1637
  • Braden
    Thanks guys.....yes, I know about Redmatica, but as you say, its a bit expensive, and I was hoping I wouldn't need it to get these Wavs into EX. Steve, did you mean EX will play these files IF Redmatica,[or similar] is installed, otherwise, not? Is the Redmatica keymap what I would need if I went that route ? Someone posted something about it in the last day or so. thanks Brad
  • steveH
    No, you don't need Redmatica... Logic uses Aiff and Wav files interchangeably. .Wav files are just fine to use to build EXS Instruments.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: