macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Consolidating Folders
    Hello, I was looking into the Consolidate folders in the Project settings menu today and I don't see how that will consolidate several project folders. What I mean is this I am looking for a command that consolidates several folders into one folder. Is this the right one? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Consolidating Folders
    Hi Alan, When you say "several folders" I assume you mean several project folders? AFAIK there is no automatic way to do this in Logic, you will need to manually import the audio files into the audio bin and save the project with "save assets" options included. Can you tell us in more detail what you are trying to achieve. Maybe there is another solution :-) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, how are you? What I am trying to do is to get one set of audio files one set of impulse responses one set of sampler instruments and one set of samples for all projects. There all the same project so I can really reduce space by doing so. When you consolidate it consolidates all the files into the same folder which doesn't seem to do it for all the projects. I started by looking into an audio folder and comparing it into another audio folder and then I made a folder in a different project and then deleted the files in the audio bin and added them back in from the folder that I made and one of the files wouldn't play. So that's when I looked at the consolidation command. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Thanks. I'm well! In that case, it would be better to keep your audio files in one separate folder. Then when saving your project, don't save assets. In theory, if you keep the audio folder in the same location each project will reference those audio files. At least that's how it used to work in Logic 7 if my memory serves me well. However, despite taking up more space, I would urge you to save assets per project. If something happens to your one copy of audio files, etc....or you need to move your project to another machine it will save you a lot of time and headache! Either way, do back up your projects! Take care, Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, what I was attempting to do was save any new region or audio file in the same location it was originally in not copy all the files all over into a new location. So if you don't save assets it saves the new audio or region of a already existing audio file. Thanks, Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, does anyone know anything about the project Consolidation command? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Consolidate project will automatically organize files that may not be in the correct locations into the standard file system in your project folder. Is that what you want to know? Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Hello Rounik, how are you? Last night I tried it out and it reset something on my desktop. It changes everything back to something but I don't know what. All my folders were moved around. I am trying to move all the files especially the settings into one folder because the different versions of the same song share the same files. I use Logic Pro 8 so Apple can't help any longer. Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Alan, I'm well thanks. Hope life is good for you too. What did you reset on your desktop? Or was it something you did in the Finder? Can you tell me which folders seem to have been moved? Do you think just the files from your project folder were moved or system settings? e.g. apple loops, channel strip settings, etc. What version of OSX are you running? Can you use Time Machine to return the state of your Mac to before this "reset" occured? :) R
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, it happened when I used the Projects consolidation on a file. It seemed to reset everything. I got a dialog box something like code -41. It said there was a duplicate copy of the file so I kept clicking OK. The text edit recent items were reset and all the folders on my desktop were all spread across the desktop. I use 10.4.11 I don't have time machine. Do you know if consolidation moves settings to the folder? Thanks, Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: