macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Consolidating Folders
    Did you use consolidate project for the current open & already saved project in Logic? Are you sure it was "error -41" and not some other number? Sounds like a corrupt project file... :( What happens when you try to open/play the project in question? Do you have a recent backup of your system drive? Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, it seems to open fine. The best I remember it was -41. What I don't understand is why doesn't it just do the entire folder rather than each project file. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, I don't understand what you mean by: "What I don't understand is why doesn't it just do the entire folder rather than each project file." Consolidate folder works on a project folder... (with one project per folder). Thanks Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Hi Rounik, thanks for posting back. What I mean is the folder contains all the project versions. Let's say you start a song and you make changes to the project but incase you want the changes you delete you can save it under a different file name so that you can go back to a previous version of the file but they are all different versions of the same some sharing the same files. Except for the setting folder, the samples and the sampler instruments, all the files are in the project folder. Does Logic consolidate the entire folder sense all the shared files are the same? What I am talking about is the entire folder should be consolidated as one thing so to reduce the size of the folder. I looked at clean up as well. Using the save as command you can get the newest version with all the files that are needed to open up the file and then you can save it to a dvd but what happens always is when opening the file Logic asks where is the file and the next file. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Thanks. I see what you mean... Logic should consolidate the entire project folder... and if you store the project files in the folder (as should be done IMHO) then upon opening a new revision of the project it would automatically search the current project folder for the associated media files... Sometimes when moving media between drives it pays to use the consolidate function again - however, I've not had any major issues with this myself... :) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Thanks Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Alan... and it's good to see you back on the forums again :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: