macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DSL
    Setting up Yamaha Motif 8 in the environment
    I set up a new multi-instrument in the environment - midi instrument window called "Yamaha M8". In audio midi, I set up new device called the same and connected the input and output to port 1 of an MT4. Tested the new device and it transmits midi signals to and from the computer. Enabled transmit and receive on all 16 channels in the audio midi set up. In logic arrange I created a 8 new tracks and selected external midi. Problem I am having is when I record say a grand piano from the motif on channel 1, then a bass from the motif and strings channel 3 and so forth (the problem occurs with any set of multiple voices I select from the motif), during playback all tracks playing a midi part for the motif 8 plays back the same voice/instrument. In other words I end up with one mono instrument playing all 8 tracks instead of a multi-instrument with different instruments for each separate track. By the way, my motif 8 midi receive is set to omni. I am at a loss trying to fix this problem. Could this be a driver issue? By the way the Logic 8 101 course was great! Wish threre was a video discussing external multi instrument keyboard and rack (Roland XV-5050) set up.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Setting up Yamaha Motif 8 in the environment
    Hi DSL, Glad you're enjoy the Logic 101! Have you seen this thread, does it help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=9170&sid=#9202[/url] Have you followed all the steps as Christian outlines? Let us know if you need more help. Cheers Rounik
  • DSL
    Re: Setting up Yamaha Motif 8 in the environment
    Hi Rounik! Thank you for your help. I will check out the link you recommended. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers! DSL
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: