macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Champ Tokesalot
    When I press record on midi channel it changes
    When I press record on midi channel it changes the preset I was using on my Moog Voyager and Dave Smith Instruments Evolver. What is going on with this behavior? How can I change it? Thanks. Peace... Curtis
  • Christian L
    Re: When I press record on midi channel it changes
    Hi, Check in the Inspector if "Program" is checked. If it is checked, Logic will load the corresponding preset automatically. I always setup my main Template so it the "Program" parameter is unchecked in the Environment. Open the Environment and select the layer of your MIDI instrument (probably "MIDI Instr.") Unchecked the "Program" parameter on all channels of your Moog MIDI Instr. object. Save your new Template. Hope it helps! Christian
  • Champ Tokesalot
    Yes that helps. Thank you.
  • Christian L
    Thanks... I'm glad it worked for you. Feel free to comeback on the forum ! Christian
  • Champ Tokesalot
    I don't know what is going on now. I cannot figure out what went wrong. When I record enable an audio track the audio that is coming through sounds kind of like it is going through some kind of chorus effect or something even though it is an empty channel strip. When I look in my environment there is a Prelisten channel. When I record enable a mono audio channel for one of my outboard equipment the sound coming through is more distorted or has weird chorus sound even on a clean channel strip, unless I press the 'solo' button on the Prelisten channel then the sound coming through record enabled track sounds like it is supposed to. What is going on? Where did the Prelisten channel come from? I never noticed it before today. How do I get rid of it? Do I need it? Thanks, Curtis
  • Christian L
    Hi Champ, The Prelisten channel is used to monitor audio in the sample editor, so you don't want to get rid of it. It is necessary and it is created automatically. However, the audio shouldn't come through the prelisten channel when you record enable a track. If you are hearing a chorusing effect, it sounds like the signal is doubled in a way or another. Do you have any input selected on your "prelisten" channel I/O by mistake? Christian
  • Champ Tokesalot
    There is no input into the prelisten track. This problem just started happening around two days ago. I don't know if something got switched or what?? I have been trying to find out what is making it happen but I am clueless once again. Everything worked great up until a couple of days ago. I updated my Motu drivers on both audio and midi interfaces today so that didn't seem to fix it. I am working with just one mono audio track with input 3 coming into it, going to output 1-2; a Prelisten track; output 1-2; and a Master. There are no effects or any kind of software instrument involved in the channel strip. I don't know if I accidentally messed something up or what happened. Thanks. Curtis
  • Christian L
    Are you sure you're getting an input signal on your Prelisten track ? How do you monitor your audio ? Maybe you just need to turn off Software Monitoring under Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio. If you are using your audio interface or a mixer to monitor your input audio, Software Monitoring would double the signal and create a chorusing effect. Christian
  • Champ Tokesalot
    Yes that is it! Thanks once again. Peace...
  • Christian L
    Great... thanks for posting back!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: