macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Adaptive Limiter
    Hello again everyone:) Well, I have another question to ask: On my final mix I have put a LIMITER on the output channel, but I can see the level meter is clipping (red), not the # itself, but the actual level meter is clipping RED at the very top of the meter. Is that ok? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Adaptive Limiter
    Hi Jodie, How are you doing? If you are using the Adaptive Limiter then you could reduce the out limit to -0.1 to stop it clipping. To answer your question, there are two schools of thought. One is that clipping is always bad, bad, bad! The other encourages you to use & trust your ears and judge the quality of the sound accordingly (and also to give your ears a break and come back and listen to the track later). Hope that helps :-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, Is your output fader set to 0 dB ? The inserts are Pre-Fader so if you raise the Channel Strip gain the audio will clip. Please tell us if your issue is solved. Christian
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Christian. How ya doin? Yeah, the Output channel strip is at 0dB. I always keep it at 0. That's right, right? I can still see the level meter clipping RED though. Thanks. Jodie
  • Christian L
    Hi riftmazefee, If you want, you can send us your project so we can check it out. You can use [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] or [url]http://www.yousendit.com[/url] and post the link on the forum or send it via PM. Cheers! Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Yes, Odb on your output channel strip is right. Do send it as Christian suggested or by PM. I'd also be interested to check out what's happening. Cheers, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Christian, OK can I send it to you PM? What's ur address? I rather send it to you directly than to the entire forum where everyone can see my poor clipping! hahahahaha boohoo:( Thanks. Jodie p.s. The file is 3.7MB
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK can I send it to you PM? What's ur address? I rather send it to you directly than to the entire forum where everyone can see my poor clipping! hahahahaha boohoo:( Thanks. Jodie p.s. The file is 3.7MB
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Still upload it to either of the following sites: [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] or [url]http://www.yousendit.com[/url] and at the bottom of my post click on "Message". This takes you to a page where you can send a private message to me with the address of the uploaded project. Do the same for Christian too... BTW, remember to zip the Logic project first. (Ctrl-click on the project folder and select "Compress". Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, How ya doin? I don't know why but my account with sendspace isn't allowing me to upload the file. I had no problem yesterday, but today when I choose browse and select the file then hit upload, it isn't uploading. Have you ever had that problem with sendspace? Thanks. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: