macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Adaptive Limiter
    Hi Jodie, I got the file, but you've only sent the logic project file... can you send the Logic project folder... otherwise I cannot access the audio files used in the project. Also, I don't have "addictive drums" instrument - would it be possible for you to bounce those tracks to audio tracks and include them in the project in the arrange? Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, One thing I have noticed from your project (without being able to hear most of the tracks ;-) is that you have a Channel EQ plug-in after the Ad Limiter on the Output 1-2. I'd recommend placing the Adlimiter last in the signal chain. Also, try reducing the Output Ceiling at -0.1dB. Let us know how you get on :-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. Oh shit! I sent you the file, not the folder! Sorry:( Stupid me!!!! I'm so GREEN:( Bare with me:) It's bed time for me here in Japan now, so I'll get to what you asked for in the a.m.:) Thanks a lot man:) Jodie p.s. Oh yes! I didn't realize that the way the plug-ins are aligned affects the order downwardly, right?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, No problem! Yes, the order definitely affects the sound, for example try putting a compressor first and then a space designer and then reverse the order - you should be able to hear the difference... Anyway, it's important to have the Limiter as the last plug-in (bottom of Inserts). See if that makes a difference. Otherwise do feel free to send the projects to Christian and me. Have a good sleep ;-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, As Rounik said above, the Adaptive Limiter needs to be last in the chain of plugins. If you insert any other plugin after a limiter, it can change the amplitude of the signal. I'm pretty sure this was the source of the problem. Cheers! Christian
  • jeff
    is it true that it will also clip in "red" colour on your display because you are clipping at 0.01 is that why you suggest setting the limiter to -.1 Jeff
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. Oh my gosh! I compressed the folder file of the song that you asked for into a zip file, and the zip file is 2.3GB! Yes, GB!!!! I think the most I can send via sendspacelite is 300mb! Anyway, I haven't changed the order of the output plug-ins (you told me to put the Adaptive Limiter, or any limiter, last in the chain) yet, b/c I don't know how to change plug-in positions within the output channel itself! I'm pretty sure I've seen Martin do it in his Core Logi Pro 8 tutorial which I'm watching right now, but I can't find where in his tutorial he showed that. Could you tell me how to change plug-in location settings within the output channel? Thanks Rounik. I think I'm getting better at Logic but still dumb as a stump! boohoo:( Jodie p.s. I just bought the WAVEBURNER tutorial, so I'm excited about using that program soon, too:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, 2.3GB!! Wow! OK - you keep the project, definitely. To change plugin order, either in the Inspector in the Arrange or in the Mixer... Hold down Cmnd (to bring up the Hand tool) and drag and drop the Adlimier over the EQ (or vice versa). Cheers Rounik P.S. Waveburner is really really useful for burning to CD! JF Brisette is a great trainer too! Enjoy :-)
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. OK, I'll keep the file for now! I think I gotta delete a lot of unused files that are piling up in the bin!!!! I remember now: It's the COMMAND key! Thanks man. It worked already! I was using the CONTROL key! I didn't even think to use the Command key! Another question about the "output channel strip PLUG-IN ORDER", if that's ok: Should the Channel EQ, or any EQ for that matter, be placed 1st in the chain, and the limiters of course last? Thanks again Rounik. Jodie p.s. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Waveburner tutorial. I already read the manual for waveburner, but I gotta read it again cuz you know me!!!!!!! hahahahaha boo hoo:):(
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Jeff, How ya doin? Nice to meet you:) What I have done is set the output channel @ 0.0dB, and I have an adaptive limiter on that channel, and I can see that the level meter is clipping red at the top, BUT, the output channel strip IS NOT clipping over 0.0dB in the display. I just wanted to know if it's ok to be clipping red in the level meter while NOT going over 0.0dB in the display. Does that make sense? As for the question you asked: we gotta wait for the Master Rounik and Master Christian to help us out cuz I "ain't" no master! Yet:) Thanks a lot. Jodie Campbell p.s. Check out my band's website if you're bored:) hahahaha:) http://www.ericmandalaandthetribe.com
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: