macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Hidden Audio Files
    Hello, have you had an experience in losing a audio file out of the finder and you didn't throw it away? Yesterday it existed on the drive and today it's gone. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hidden Audio Files
    Hi Alan, I've never had that issue with Logic 8. Was your audio file in a folder, on the desktop, or in the Logic projects Audio folder? Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, I really don't think it was on the desktop but I think it might have been in 0417 audio files or A Dream I Had Audio files or A Dream I Had 1 audio files or A Dream I Had 2 Audio files or Orchestra Aux Audio files or Orchestra Aux 1 Audio files or Orchestra Aux 2 Audio Files but I create like name folders to move the copies into but I didn't find it moved into any of them. I think it may have to do with a bunch of audio folders that were on the desktop that I moved to the main project folder. It had a different name it was Audio 2#01 merged A#1D4828. I had another file that had a space in the file name that I didn't notice before. I thought that Logic may have done it. I put everything into folders that have the same name as one of the files inside it.
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. It's not possible for me to see what's happened to the file ;-) Have you used spotlight to search for it? Have you renamed the file within Logic? Are you using Time Machine? Have you emptied the Trash since yesterday? Another tip for the future is to name the track before recording so all the regions on that track will be named "I had a dream 1..2.." rather than Audio 2#01 merged A#1D4828 I doubt Logic has "done" this, but regardless it's so important to keep backups of your projects. If you're using time machine you should be able to recall the file very easily. Take care Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    I used Spotlight to search for it. i haven't renamed it. I use Apple OS 10.4.11 I didn't empty the trash before it was still there. These are improv so I can't name them first but I am going to work on my naming of the files inside logic. I repaired the file and fixed it the best way I could. I did back it up on the external but it was a older version. Thanks,
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: