macProVideo.com
Forums
  • alexbutterfield
    installing Logic Studio/uninstalling Logic Pro 7
    I purchased Logic Studio but it has been sitting in the box because I have real hard drive space issues. (I have an iMac G5 with an 80G hard drive that has about 12G of open space.) I want to know the best way to go about uninstalling Logic Pro 7 before installing Logic Studio. Can I just trash the application AND the Logic folder in Application Support (where there is 4.23G of samples, plug-in settings, channel strips, templates, etc.)? Are there other things that should be flushed away too? I'm not too concerned about losing those Logic Pro 7 projects I have. Please advise. I want to accomplish two things: clear as much space as possible for Logic Studio (while putting optional content on an external FireWire drive) and make sure there are no impediments to Logic Studio running smoothly once it is installed. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: installing Logic Studio/uninstalling Logic Pro 7
    Hi Alex, When you install Logic 8 you can choose not to install the additional content (loops, settings etc) until later. I believe you can install the additional content to an external HD too. If you have customised your own key command settings in Logic 7 and channel strip settings, I would advise against deleting all the data in your ~/Library/Application support until you back it up. The Logic & STP Applications without all the extras will only take up a few gigabytes at most. Also, the Apple loops (which will take up the majority of space) are in the .caf format which I believe are not compatible with Logic 7. This is important just in case you want/need to use Logic 7. Anyway, check in ~/Music/Logic as this is the default location for your saved projects. Check in: HD/Library/Audio/ for apple loops ~/Library/Audio/ for your own apple loops Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Hi Alex is your version of Logic Studio it is a full version or and upgrade because that make a difference AlRobi
  • alexbutterfield
    It is a full version.
  • alexbutterfield
    [quote:7638]Hi Alex, When you install Logic 8 you can choose not to install the additional content (loops, settings etc) until later. I believe you can install the additional content to an external HD too. If you have customised your own key command settings in Logic 7 and channel strip settings, I would advise against deleting all the data in your ~/Library/Application support until you back it up. Cheers Rounik [/quote] I haven't done much of anything in terms of customizing key commands or channel strip settings
  • Rounik Admin
    Well you should be good to go. You can install the loops and other content later - just make sure to select what you want to install by selecting "Custom Install" after running the Logic studio install app. Before you actually begin to install, you will be told how much disk space is needed and how much is available, so you can make a more informed decision at the time. Try to leave at least 5+ GB free! I would recommend you back up or clone your system first anyway. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: