macProVideo.com
Forums
  • RoryRea
    Software Inst. not playing back
    Hi there, I have a problem with my software instruments not playing back in one particular project. I have made a software instrument track, set the In to the ES2 and the Out to out1-2. when I record using my midi keyboard, I can hear the ES2, however when I play it back, there is no sound from the software inst track. This is also the case when I open Piano roll. I can see the recorded data there but when I click on a note, there is no sound... any help with this would be great!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Software Inst. not playing back
    Hi RoryRea, Check that the midi region is not muted - select the region & press "M". Also look in the Mixer window to see if it's channel strip is muted or others are in solo mode... If you open the piano roll and click on a piano note on the left on the window, do you hear any sound? Cheers Rounik
  • RoryRea
    No the region is not muted, nor is the channel strip. When I press a piano note in the piano roll it makes no sound however when I press a note on my midi controller keyboard it plays. This is the same in every track where there is a software instrument. Any ideas? Cheers RR
  • Rounik Admin
    Have you got the MIDI Out button active in the Piano Roll's menu bar (it's the green one in the following picture): [img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9730/picture7km2.png[/img] Also do you hear the part when the transport is playing? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, Are the MIDI notes greyed out in the Piano Roll ? If they are, select them all (cmnd-A) and hit "M" on your keyboard to unmute the notes. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: