macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    Re: Cannot record?
    On your record track have you tried to input an instrument from Logic bank, i believe you just input a midi signal without sound, this part for Rounik, if it is possible to go on Yamaha site and check out the spec and you find an USB osx driver so i believe he just send in Logic a midi signal with no instrument AlRobi PS With a USB driver you can connect direct to your iMac
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Peter, Once you have set your audio driver to the Tascam you don't need to keep changing it... If it works perfectly then that's great. Have you made sure that you have the latest driver for your tascam? Cheers Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik. Yes, I have the latest drivers. I understand what you are saying, but this is what I don't understand. When I'm using the Tascam I have to use my headphones to record and listen back which is O.K. If I want to hear it through my speakers I have to change the Core Audio to Built-in-Line-Input. O.K. so far? Here's the problem. When I go back to the Tascasm in Core Audio (US-144) it does not play back or record. I have to shut down LE8 and open it up again and then I can record and listen to the play back with my headphones. It seems that when I shut down LE8 it resets itself. I shouldn't have to do this, right? Thanks again, Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Peter, I think I understand you now: But please let me which of the following three points are true: 1. You don't have External Monitors (speakers) attached to your Tascam's outputs. Right? 2. You want to use your iMac's built-in speakers? 3. You have external monitors (speakers) connected to the line-out of your iMac? ----- OK. If 1 & 3 are correct then why are you not connecting the speakers to the output of your tascam. That makes much more sense and will make your life easier. If 1 & 2 are correct you need to create an aggregate device (basically means your Mac will combine & see the internal sound card and the Tascam as one device so you can use the output from the internal speakers or line-out and the inputs from the tascam. Let me know which of the above you need help with. Regarding needing to restart LE8 when switching from tascam to built-in to tascam again - well, I have no issue doing so with my Apogee Duet... I can only presume this may be down to how well and robust the tascam drivers are written. It's more of a core audio issue. I'm afraid the only advice i can give you is to make sure the transport is not playing when switching interfaces and/or restart Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik Thanks for your detailed response.  #1 is correct. I don't have external speakers attached to the Tascam. #2 I don't want to use my Mac's internal speakers. #3 is the correct one. I have external speakers connected to my Mac's line out. I'm taking your advice and connecting the speakers to the output of the Tascam. You're right, it's easier. Now as far as the problem regarding LE8, I just called Tascam and they said that problem only happens with Logic users. They said I would have to shut down LE8 everytime I go from Built-in-Line-Input to Tascam. That's exactly what I've been doing. How do you like that? Just my luck. Now I'm using Tiger 10.4.11 and I didn't ask Tascam if that problem happens with Leopard which uses a newer driver. If you're using Leopard and LE8, are you having any problems with the two? I plan on switching to Leopard soon. Thanks for all your help....again. Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Peter, No problem! [quote:20993] I'm taking your advice and connecting the speakers to the output of the Tascam. You're right, it's easier. [/quote] In fact, this should in theory give you better quality than using your mac's built-in audio. I'm using Logic Pro 8.0.2 and Leopard 10.5.4 without any real issues... However, my audio interface is an Apogee Duet. The drivers for which are very very good and it works seamlessly with Logic. Don't underestimate the power of well-written drivers for audio interfaces! I can't comment either way on the Tascam ones as I haven't used them, but i know a range of other interfaces, and some are definitely more stable than others... Glad you're getting things sorted though & do make a backup or clone of your system should you decide to upgrade to Leopard. Do let us know how you get on :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: