macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toby
    hybrid morph not available?
    hi guys I have been working on a track in logic 8 using the synth "hybrid morph" for quite a few sounds and then today i opened my project in logic to find the message"hybrid mor" not available and no sound from the channels using the hybrid?. i have tried re -installing garageband and have all the software updates from the internet? nothing is working i have just installed reason 4 onto my mac yesterday? this might have something to do with it? hope to hear from you soon Thanks toby
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: hybrid morph not available?
    Hi Toby & welcome to MacProVideo forums! Don't worry this is a known issue. Basically, the Logic studio install erases a couple of settings (Hybrid Synthesizers folder) used by Garageband and Logic. It has nothing to do with Reason. To fix it I believe you can do it via re-installing Garageband: Use the iLife '08 DVD and run the installed. Choose "Customize". Tick "Garage Band Additional Instruments and Loops", and then click on Upgrade. This should fix the issue. Let us know how it goes. Cheers Rounik
  • toby
    Thanks Rounik I followed your intstuctions and it worked!!! Thanks for taking the time to help me out Toby
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Toby, No problem! Really glad it works for you. Pop back anytime :-) Rounik
  • rayhartjnr
    I too have the same problem as Toby, but when I insert my "bundled software" dvd to reinstall garageband I am prevented from doing so because garageband is greyed out and cannot be "ticked", I'm new to macs and its probably something simple but any advice would me much appreciated! thanks in advance!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rayhartjnr, Welcome to the forums :) Which versions of iLife & logic do you have? What version of OSX? Do you have GarageBand already installed on your Mac? Cheers Rounik
  • rayhartjnr
    I got the new model macbook pro 17 just last week so I have the new ilife09 and the logic I have is logic studio, I dont know how to check which OSX I have but Im pretty sure it would be the newest one. And GB was preinstalled on the mac when i got it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi rayhartjnr, I see. I haven't tried this process using the latest version of iLife (09)... It worked fine with iLife 08... I suspect your macbookpro is running the latest version of Mac OS X (10.5.6). You can check by choosing Apple menu (lil' apple icon - top left of screen) > About this Mac... When you insert the GB disk in the drive and choose to Install, although Garageband is greyed out is there a little triangle next to it (disclosure arrow)? If so, click on it and you should see a list of content under it that you may be able to select to install. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • rayhartjnr
    hi Rounik, I've managed to reinstall GB, and I then moved all my apple loops GB sample files etc to an external hard drive to free up laptop space but now logic cant find any loops or instruments! I don't know how too redirect logic to the new file location on the external hard drive, can you help? Thanks Ray
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi It's called re-indexing loops... To do this, drag and drop the new loops folder location (from a Finder window) onto the Loop Browser in Logic. Logic may take a while to re-index the loops... Have you checked out the Core Logic 8: Logic 101 tutorial? It's fantastic & you may find it v.helpful in quickly getting to grips with Logic :) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] If you already have the above tutorial, you can find more info on indexing loops in chapter 71. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: