macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Linking Soundtrack Pro
    Hello everyone. Just wondering if there is a way to make sure you are linked with Soundtrack Pro while in Logic. It seems that sometimes my edits in soundtrack Pro are not being reflected in logic, for example when I try to cut and use "search zero crossings" to edit in ST Pro. I thought there might be a way to know? Anyone experiencing this? Any help would be appreciated!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Linking Soundtrack Pro
    Hi JJ, What do you mean by "linked?" do you mean if you send an audio file to STP from logic that changes made in STP aren't upated in your Logic project unless you save in STP? Cheers Rounik
  • JJ
    No what I mean is when I double click on an audio track to edit something in the editor, edits in soundtrack pro are not reflected in logic, specifically "search zero crossings"
  • Christian L
    Hi, When importing back an audio file from Soundtrack Pro to Logic, you need to select Process > Flatten All Actions. If not, the edit won't be reflected in Logic. Tell us if it helps! Christian
  • JJ
    Well after trying to find process>Flatten all actions I think I may be misunderstood. Ive searched everywhere in Logic for the above commands but cannot find it in Logic. I am using the sample editor in Logic to bring up Soundtrack Pro (I guess Im not really working with STP). But after searching I think this may be a current unresolved issue with Logic 8.02. I am also using the latest leopard at 10.5.4 So according to the tutorial in logic 8 101 "Search Zero Crossings" you will not get the same results. Thanks for your help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ, OK! We need to clear up a few things first. When you double-click on an audio file IN LOGIC, the "SAMPLE EDITOR" opens (the audio editor within Logic). Sound Track Pro is a separate application that is included within Logic STUDIO. It *can* act as an EXTERNAL audio editor for audio files in a Logic project. It can also do many other really useful functions. I am working with Logic Pro 8.0.2 and OS X 10.5.4 using "search zero crossings" and it works fine... Can you describe exactly what your process is and what doesn't work? Cheers :-) Rounik
  • JJ
    Hey Rounik, OK, so all im doing is trying to do exactly as the tutorial does. Cut a sine wave, misalign it then use the editor to realign it. Whatever i do in the editor is not reflected up above in Logic. Does this make sense? Im beginning to think I should try to reinstall my app. Thanks!
  • JJ
    What do you guys think? Do you think my installation might be corrupt in some way? Any suggestions would be great as Im running into some really frustrating differences in Logic and the tutorial. Thanks!
  • Cajypiu
    Hi JJ, is there any way you can send us a link to your project because I'm still trying to figure out what it is you're doing. The search zero crossings thing is a toggle choice that is either on or off. It makes sure that whenever you make an edit, that edit point (beginning or end point of a region for example) always falls on a 'zero' amplitude value prevents pops and clicks occurring from sudden changes in amplitude. If you are trying to edit a sine wave, how did you generate that sine wave. When you are editing it, what exactly is it not doing? Your edit points are either going to fall on a zero crossing (zero amplitude) or not. Nothing should really be 'updating' in logic and even if it does, we're talking a matter of samples here so unless you are zoomed right in on the arrange page I doubt you'd be able to see it anyway? Does that make sense? Can you post a project folder with files so we can see what you're trying to achieve?
  • JJ
    Well I think I figured out what Im doing wrong. Im doing it wrong. I was overlapping regions. I was making a cut then dragging the region over the other region. I didnt realize that moving the anchor in the sample editor would reveal what was overlapped. I wasnt following the tutorial exactly and my apologies for any confusion, I was confused. Everything working fine, I think and hope so, and honestly just want to move on. My apologies for being wrong. Thanks for everyones help and making me realize this!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: