macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    good brass plugins
    Hi, I'm looking for some good brass section as a plugin to use in Logic. I found the existing brass instruments realy poor in Logic. Does anyone has any experience with good ones. What I found on the net and has my preference is Chris Hein's product. He's German , so maybe probably unknown in the US. (http://www.chrishein.net/) I also checkes Arturia but they sound less real I thought. Thx for helping me with this one. Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: good brass plugins
    Hi Antoine, Sorry, brass isn't my area of expertise, so i couldn't recommend a plug-in. Just wanted to reply to bring this thread back up to the top of the list in case anyone else can help. :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    The way to go- Big Fish Audio- nice brass ensemble
  • Christian L
    Hi, I'm never really tried any brass plugin neither. Brass are one of the most difficult instrument to emulate. Do you know about Wallander Instruments Brass 1 ? [url]http://www.wallanderinstruments.com/index.php?menu=products&product_details=BRASS1[/url] You can listen to a few demos on the website and it looks like you can download a demo to try it out. Take care! Christian
  • Phil.c
    Jazz and Bigband!! Phil
  • toine
    That Wallander stuff, is much more expensive than the one I had in my mind, and has also samples of instruments like French Horns I realy don't need. They have a more classical appraoch I guess. But thx everybody for the help, I think I go for Chris Hein's product, 'cause nothing else convinced me to be better. Antoine
  • Phil.c
    [url]http://www.garritan.com/jazz.html[/url]Garritan Jazz & Bigband! Phil
  • dynamicalan
    I have found it's a lot simpler to use individual brass instruments to make a section but tweaking is required. I add a little reverb for a slight delay to help with the attack. I haven't located many solo instrument sounds but straight section sounds such as a trumpet section sound OK if you can fix the attack.
  • Richard Nash
    Look up Kick Ass Brass. Not too shabby. MP
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, I was referring to the library inside Logic. I am sure it's very good but I have to work with what I have. I noticed that the sounds are OK except for the attack. This can be overcome by using the a slight delay and a small amount of reverb but I imagine that library is better.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: