macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Deepgroove
    Filtering FILTERS !
    Hi all, I am trying to achieve an effect in my track.. I like how the 'Telephone Filter' in the mastering tools on the output channel sounds and would like to sort of fade this effect in and out. I have section of a track I want to do this on, so I bounced this section out then brought it back in as an audio track. Next I've copied across the plug-ins onto the audio track to replicate the sound. Is there a way I can increase and decrease this effect with one knob twist? Without tweaking each effect individually?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Filtering FILTERS !
    Hi Deepgroove, Place the channel strip setting on an Aux track. use the send from the audio track to send to the bus e.g. bus 1 which is the input of aux 1. Now on your audio track you can automate the send. Does that help? Cheers Rounik
  • Deepgroove
    Hi Rounik, Yes I tried this but it doesn't sound the same as if the channel strip was applied to the track itself, even when I send the maximum to the Aux channel. The EQ setting seems to get ignored as it doesn't cut the bass. Also it doesn't seem to work at all on an audio track, it just increases the volume, but works on an instrument track. Maybe I'm missing something here ? Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Deepgroove, You might need to set the output of the audio track to "None" and send to another Bus (Aux track) too. This way you will have two Aux tracks. One, with dry audio track and one with the wet telephone style signal. What you can do now is automate both sends to "mix" between the dry and wet. Does that help? Rounik
  • Deepgroove
    Hi Rounik, So... I set the audio track to No output, have 2 Buses coming off that - one without any effects and one with the telephone style effect? If that's correct it didn't work I'm afraid. Just to clarify - If you send to a bus which has an effect on, should it in theory sound just as it would if it had been applied to the track itself (if you send the maximum amount) Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Deepgroove, No it won't sound the same as when you send to a bus. There are differences. However, I'm not sure why it's not working for you... Another option. Start from the beginning. You have one audio track. no effects. 1. Create a new audio track and copy the audio region to both tracks. 2. Set the output of each track to it's own Bus. e.g. Bus 1 and Bus 2. 3. Place the channel strip setting on Aux 1 (fed by Bus 1 as it's input) and leave Aux 2 as blank. 4. In the Mixer, ctrl click on both aux track and select "Create Arrange Track" 5. You can now automate the mix by either automating the levels of the audio tracks or the levels of the Aux tracks. 6. If you prefer to change the levels of the audio tracks to mix that's fine then you don't need the aux tracks in the arrange area. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: