macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Remix Contest
    Hello, time is getting short and I had just one question about mixing. I noticed that my mix sounds a bit brighter and I noticed that the kick sound a bit more pointed than the tutorial so do you know a way to approach this problem. I think it may be the bass and drums are a bit more apart than his mix. Also I don't know if moving chords will move it to another genre or if that will be disqualified because it moves out of the genre it is. Thanks, AW
  • Revo
    Re: Remix Contest
    Try throwing some compression and EQ on your kick. Also, try sending all your drums to a bus to compress them. This will tighten them up a bit. Some side-chain compression might also be in order as a bit of EQ and volume control will probably bring your mix back together. Basically, I would suggest going through the "Mixing Electronica" tutorial once again just to refresh a bit. As far as genres are concerned, IMO if a mix sounds good then its probably a good mix. Though I don't work for MPV so you should probably ask them more precisely.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, this question was asked a few weeks ago. Please refer to the Remix competition page FAQ: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/remixcontest/faq.php[/url] here is a quote from that page: "4. Olav Basoski himself and the samples/loops provided are dance orientated. If my entry is something not dance related would this place it at a disadvantage when being judged? (i.e. if Olav is involved in the judging he might be more inclined to like dance oriented tracks). No. The essence of remixing is creating something new, exciting, and wonderful. Make downtempo, hip-hip, pop, heavy metal ... whatever you like!" I hope that helps. Good luck with the remixes :) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, it's to late. I put some chords on there and it changes the genre and it seems to be a ok mix but the arrangement took some time. With the time left it's the best I can do but if it makes it to the finals then I may be able to tweak it a bit. Thanks, AW
  • karlos hano
    i barely made it! i just uploaded my track but the file was 11.5mb you don't think that matters right? it would be a shame for me to export it on a lower quality than 192k....i hope its ok i've been working on it for days now nonstop..Good luck to everyone!!
  • dynamicalan
    Hi, was the deadline yesterday if so I got my 3ed one done at 10:30 last night but then I worked on it today so I cannot upload another but if I make the finals then at least the mix will be better. Thanks, Alan
  • Revo
    Deadline is today and I'm huring to finish! haha
  • Kehezua
    My file is 14 mg. Can we send the file zipped? It's crazy to limit the size of the file....IMHO.
  • gphonic
    i couldn't upload my mix. it says my mp3 file is the wrong format, but i've made it 192 kbps mp3 and tried it over and over and i don't know what to do. this sucks
  • Revo
    [quote:70601]i couldn't upload my mix. it says my mp3 file is the wrong format, but i've made it 192 kbps mp3 and tried it over and over and i don't know what to do. this sucks[/quote] Sometimes this happens with logic (I'm assuming your using it). Quick fix: Open the file up in iTunes and reconvert it to mp3 via the "Advanced" menu in iTunes. Then try to upload that new version.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: