macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sus4
    Can I toggle?
    I have LE8 and the Getting Started manual both open. If I squeeze the sides of my mac mouse it will show me both windows on my screen. When I squeese the mouse and it shows me the two windows I have to click one of them to bring it forward. After I squeese the mouse is there a keyboard toggle that will allow me to choose either one rather than me choosing one by clicking it with the mouse? thanks Peter
  • mtec
    Re: Can I toggle?
    try command(Apple key) and tab. that will let u choose what is shown i think. hope that helps
  • Deep Deon
    Logic Express, Super easy fix - mtec is right. If you hold command (just as mtec said, the "apple" key) and click tab, a little submenu will undoubtably pop-up on your screen (if using a PC, the command key would be replaced by Alt). This sub-menu will bring up a list of icons representing all of the apps you currently are running on your computer. The most recent app (the one you're currently viewing) is on the left and it descends correspondingly with the last viewed all the way to the right. [i]Make sure[/i] N.E.D. and LE8 are your two most recently viewed apps, and simply command-tab between the two. Get used to it, and you'll be navigating a plethora of apps in mere split-seconds! I do this all the time (usually with both apps on full-screen setting). Hope this helps!! ~ Deep Deon P.S. This is also a handy function when you have a whole bunch of apps running, and you don't want to have to look for the window containing your desired app. On Macs, the "expose" function also works well for this.
  • Christian L
    [quote:20993]I have LE8 and the Getting Started manual both open. If I squeeze the sides of my mac mouse it will show me both windows on my screen. When I squeese the mouse and it shows me the two windows I have to click one of them to bring it forward. After I squeese the mouse is there a keyboard toggle that will allow me to choose either one rather than me choosing one by clicking it with the mouse? thanks Peter[/quote] Hi, If you hit apple-tab, you will be able to switch from an application to another. When you squeeze your mouse, you are using Expose, a feature that let you see all windows at the same time. When using Expose, you can hit Tab (not command-tab) to toggle between all windows and hit Enter to choose the window you want. You can also navigate between all windows using the cursor keys. Take care! Christian
  • sus4
    Hey Guys Thanks for all the great responses. They all work great. The one that works the quickest is the one Christian suggested, being in Expose, squeezing the sides of my mouse. This is really quick, but of course you have to be in Expose. By the way Christian, I found that when you're in Expose and you're tabbing between 2 or 3 windows, you don't have to hit Enter just to read it. If you want to work on that particular page then you have to hit Enter or left click it. Peter
  • Christian L
    [quote:20993] By the way Christian, I found that when you're in Expose and you're tabbing between 2 or 3 windows, you don't have to hit Enter just to read it. If you want to work on that particular page then you have to hit Enter or left click it. Peter[/quote] Hi Peter, Yes, when you hit Tab it is zooming on the next window. The cursor trick can be useful when you have to deal with many windows at the same time. Thanks for your feedback! Cheers! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: