macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toby
    No playback?
    hi guys Im halfway thru working on my track in logic 8 its all going fine then all of a sudden i try to play the track and now it wont play and i get a message" detected possible conflict with external midi drivers" then after that " a plug in seems to be causing problems running in multi processer(multi threading) mode?es1 then the same message again for the es2? i opened another track and it plays fine i rebooted my cpu and unplugged my midi and soundcard and still no playback? can anyone please help?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: No playback?
    Hi Toby, Can you list your setup (what mac are you using, OS X version, Logic Version, Audio Interface and any 3rd party plug-ins you're using)... Do you have the latest driver for your audio interface? Have you tried switching to built-in audio? Does your project playback ok? I've never come across this error message, but with more info we will be able to suggest some solutions... Cheers Rounik
  • toby
    Hey mate thanks for the quick reply!!! i have a macbook osx 10.5.4, 2gb memory logic studio 8, edirol fa-66 soundcard, BEHRINGER UMX25 MIDI KEYBOARD, im not using any 3rd party plug ins, i have tried unplugging everything and playing it thru my built in speakers and still nothing,i can still hear and play notes thru my midi keyboard but it just wont start playback? Basically all my other tracks/projects in logic work fine still and this project has been working fine up untill today, id been working on the project for a few hours before it screwed-up,i didnt do anything different just went to press play and now it dosnt work anymore ive tried everything, also some of my esx 24 presets arnt being found/dont work just today as well..weird? What should i do ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Toby, I assume you're running Logic 8.0.2? If not, update! Try closing all app's and repairing permissions: 1. Go to Applications/Utilities/disk Utility 2. Select your mac's volume 3. Click "Repair Permissions" 4. When finished, restart your macbook. If the problem persists it is possible your project file is corrupt. This is unusual, I've only had this happen once in over 6 years of using Logic... But before going down the route of reuilding your project again, make sure you have the latest drivers for the edirol and BEHRINGER. Let us know how it goes.... Also, how would you feel about me taking a look at your project. would you mind zipping it, uploading it and linking it by private message? Cheers Rounik You may need to rebuild your project.
  • toby
    ok ill try what you said and let you know how it goes if it dosnt work il send you the project i have logic 8.0.0 but i have installed all the software updates from the internet? is this how i update?
  • toby
    hi rounik I just followed your instructions but still no luck, looks like i will have to start again from scratch bummer... i would really like to know what has gone wrong? send me your email address if you want me to still send the file to you Toby
  • toby
    Hey Rounik i just sent you the ziped file as a private message did you get it ok?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Toby, I got your private message... but you need to upload the zipped project folder to the web. I normally use [url]www.sendspace.com[/url] Then once the project folder (which includes all the audio files and loops etc is uploaded, you'll find a URL link for the project. Please post me that link in a private message and I'll let you know when I've downloaded it so you can remove it from sendspace if you wish. Cheers Rounik
  • toby
    i have gone over my download limit this month so its uploading at 7kb/sec its gonna take about 9 hours ,my internet is getting upgraded on mon so is it cool if i send it then?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, sure. Whenever you can. You could also try checking in your project folder for a sub folder called "Song backups". Try loading up these to see if the project plays ok. In the meantime you could also save all the channel strip settings and export the midi regions and even take a screen shot of your project's arrange window to help you re-build it in a new project. Also, rebuilding a project can be easier! In your original project: 1. go to Mixer and choose Options > Copy audio configuration 2. close the project 3. Create a new project and set the number and type of tracks to be exactly the same as the original (e.g. if there were 5 audio tracks & 5 soft inst tracks in the original create the same in the new project.) 4. Open the Mixer window and choose Options > Paste audio configuration 5. You're half way there now :-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: