macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Helge Krabye
    Mastering to CD with songs that float into each other
    I wonder, what's the best way to master the audio file(s) for an Audio-CD when the tracks float into each other without any silence in the gaps between the songs. Think about "Dark Side of the Moon" (Pink Floyd) as an example. In ProTools I can export the whole mix as one stereo audio file (that contains all the songs on the CD with correct transitions between each song). I set a Marker at the exact spot where a song is changing to the next song. I keep the markers on the timeling, import the downmixed, long audio file into the project and set cut points exactly where the markers are positioned. I am not sure if this works with LogicPro. Any suggestions? (If I downmix one song at at time and then put all these downmixed song files together on a new timeline, the transitions will be audible, so this method does not work.) Helge
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mastering to CD with songs that float into each other
    Hi Helge, Welcome to the MacProVideo forums! You can do this with Logic studio. One of the applications that comes with Logic Studio is Waveburner. This is a red book Standard CD burning application. I'd suggest bouncing your tracks from Logic and then import them into Waveburner where you can change the "pause" length and much much more. There is a fantastic tutorial on Waveburner by JF Brisette: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/waveburner[/url] If you need any more help or have any further questions let us know and we'll do our best to help :-) Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    Thanks, I'll take a closer look at Waveburner. Is it possible to burn ISRC- and EAN/UPC-codes on the Audio CD with Waveburner? I did that with Toast fro Mac when I mastered and released four audio CD's this summer, and it saved me at least USD 1.000 because the CD manufactory house could use my CD-R as the final master.Can Waveburner do this? Helge http://homelessballoon.com
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes it can. I've taken the following from the Waveburner manual: "WaveBurner supports all Red Book options for CD audio data storage. You can add up to the maximum 99 tracks and 99 subindexes per track allowable by the Red Book standard, include ISRC codes for each track, set copy prevention and pre-emphasis flags for each track, and add UPC/EAN codes for the CD. WaveBurner also supports the CD TEXT standard, allowing you to add text information that can be read by any CD TEXT- compatible player." It's a great app! Cheers Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    That's cool! Thanks for the help. No need to upgrade the Toast application, then :o)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! Enjoy the Waveburner tutorial & do come back here anytime you want :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: