macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Denoiser Plug-In
    Hi Jodie, Cool. I think the timing is off because when you record in Logic, the count-in is also recorded, so the audio file actually includes the count-in when you use it in STP. If, for example, you have normally a 1 bar count in, then adjust or cut the audio region in Logic appropriately by cutting out the first bar. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:44659]Anyway, I got the file into Logic, finally, but the timing is off! [/quote] If the timing of an audio file is off, you can also check if the anchor point is misplaced. The anchor point needs to be at the start of audio wave like this : [img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3781/anchorxs5.jpg[/img] Take care! Christian
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Christian, How ya doin? Thanks:) I forgot about that little "bad-boy" anchor:) heehee:) That was a quote from Martin:) Thanks again. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks again man. I'll cut the region up now:) Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Heh again Rounik:) How r things? Thanks for taking the time to teach me Logic/etc.:) I know you must get people in these forums like me, who you must sit there and shake your head at the stupidity and dumbness of people, but I appreciate you bearing with me and my learning:) I figured out the timing thing with my STP file that I imported back into my Logic project, but I have yet another problem: I don't know why, but when I duplicated the channel strip settings in Logic (command D) and put the STP file into that channel strip, it sounds different than the original Logic channel strip setting that I made. Does that make sense? Arigato Gozaimasu:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:44659]Heh again Rounik:) How r things? Thanks for taking the time to teach me Logic/etc.:) I know you must get people in these forums like me, who you must sit there and shake your head at the stupidity and dumbness of people, but I appreciate you bearing with me and my learning:) [/quote] Hi Jodie... Not true! Everyone has to start from the beginning with Logic, and I don't believe there is such a thing as a stupid question. In fact, when I was learning Logic, it took me a lot longer to find my feet because I was a bit of a "know it all". It wasn't until I picked up Martin Sitter's book for Logic 7 a few years ago that I started to realise I needed to ask more questions in order to learn more and not worry so much about seeming new to others around me. So, perhaps NOT asking questions (as was my case) is dumb, and asking questions is the clever way ;-) Learning Logic can be exciting and daunting at first... It's such a deep application that even though I'm a certified trainer I always find there's more to learn. And like any journey, my friend, we all have to start from wherever we are... Anyway, enough of "The Zen of Logic" for now :-D what's the difference in sound between the original file and the one from STP on the duplicated channel strip? Can you describe it in more detail... Maybe if you can upload the logic project including the audio files and private message me the link, I can take a look? Best Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik:) How r things? Thanks for the kind words:) I know asking questions is important, but it seems that's all I do:) Maybe I should try and figure it out on my own! Naw, phuck that! You're the teacher:) heehee:) Heh, I'll send you the copy of the song, it's in Japanese though, anyway, via sendspacelite, but you told me before that you received a file of a song I sent you but not the folder (Logic folder). I'm not sure how I sent the WHOLE folder to you. I mean, when I click upload file in sendspace and go through and find the zip file (harddrive>music>logic>song name>files) I can't select the whole folder. How do I select the whole folder? Or how do I get the zip file to you? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:44659] I'm not sure how I sent the WHOLE folder to you. I mean, when I click upload file in sendspace and go through and find the zip file (harddrive>music>logic>song name>files) I can't select the whole folder. How do I select the whole folder? Or how do I get the zip file to you? Thanks. Jodie[/quote] Hey Jodie, Go to the location of the Logic project folder, let's call it "Jodie". Go into "Jodie" and check that the audio files folder contains all the audio files used in the project. Now go back to the main folder "Jodie" and ctrl-click on it and select "Compress Jodie". Now, go to sendspace and select the Jodie.zip file and upload it, then send me a link by private mail of the URL. If you have any problems, let me know :-) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Thanks, I got the project - all files included etc ;-) Nice track first of all. I noticed the duplicated channel strips weren't exactly the same. For example, VocalTake3's duplicate, STPVoc#1 was a stereo track and had a gain plug-in on it. When i removed the gain plug-in and set the fader level to the same as the VocalTake3 track, it sounded pretty much the same to me minus some of the hiss. Do the same for the other vocals tracks (logic original and STP). Of course, make sure you mute the original vocal tracks when playing back the project. Hope that helps... Let me know if there's something I've missed. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik:) How's it goin? Thanks for the kind words about our song:) My Japanese band's name is, T.M.E. In about 10 yrs. time, when were good and famous, we'll reveal what T.M.E. stands for:) hahahaha:) It's a good little number, eh:) I mean, none of us are great players, but the song is simple and the vocals are strong! Getting back to the topic: Yeah, I forgot that I added a Gain plug-in, so I took them off the STP copies, and I adjusted the channel strip faders to match the original vocal tracks, BUT, for some reason the STP version just doesn't sound the same as the originals! I mean, if you listen carefully to the originals, the vocals are very CLEAN, whereas the STP versions are very REVERBISH. I don't understand why they sound different b/c the STP versions are just copies of the original vocal tracks with some hiss/static taken out! Can you figure that one out? Thanks man. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: